2000i: Saving current layer in saved layer state

2000i: Saving current layer in saved layer state

Post by Matthew Jaff » Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:53:18

I can't figure out how to get a specific layer to be associated as the
current layer as part of a saved layer state.  The layer I set as current
when I create the layer state, which I would like it to make current when I
go to the layer state, apparently is not remembered as it's created. Is
there a particular setting necessary to make this work, or am I just doing
it wrong? I never had this problem with the Autocad 14 Bonus Tool Layer
Manager.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2000i: Saving current layer in saved layer state

Post by WILLIAM J DESHAW » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 05:35:16

You can't use layer stAte to set current layer.  You need to use -layer Set
or set current within the Layer Manager Dialog.

In lisp or a script file you can do this:
(command "_.layer" "_s" "mylayer" "_a" "_r" "mystate" "" "")
or in script
_.-layer
_s
mylayer
_a
_r
mystate

Otherwise you can download Express Tools from the e-store at Autodesk for
about $150.00 and get the old bonus tools layer manager.
--

Bill DeShawn

http://pages.prodigy.net/bdeshawn/bdeshawn.htm

Quote:> I can't figure out how to get a specific layer to be associated as the
> current layer as part of a saved layer state.  The layer I set as current
> when I create the layer state, which I would like it to make current when
> go to the layer state, apparently is not remembered as it's created. Is
> there a particular setting necessary to make this work, or am I just doing
> it wrong? I never had this problem with the Autocad 14 Bonus Tool Layer
> Manager.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Layer problems - Layers being created when making WBLOCKS on LAYER 0

We have tested three machine and have found that when in a drawing in
AutoCAD make a WBLOCK a layer is created with the same name as one of
the LAYERS in the drawing in the editor -- If we bring up a new drawing
without layers no layers are created except layer 0 -- Does anyone have
a clue about what we have done or what we can do to end this problem --
An additional piece of information is we can not purge this new layer
that has been created

2. Wanted: Palm m505 for Casio E-125 (UK)

3. saving a dwf no layer

4. Oric logo for Win95 (and 98?)

5. RTEXT and Saved Layer Names

6. Running Visibroker 4.0 Servers

7. Saving DWF with layer info in AutoCAD R14.0

8. some help...

9. Help with saving layer names to text

10. wanted (save layer lisp routine)

11. HELP! Saving layer settings????

12. Saving Layer Settings

13. Routine to save and restore layer settings