Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with Solidworks?

Post by Kern-Tec » Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with Solidworks?

 WE have Voodoo3 2000's. Are they good for SolidWorks or what?

Post by Fred Ma » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with Solidworks?

>  WE have Voodoo3 2000's. Are they good for SolidWorks or what?

Pretty much stay away from ATI or 3Dfx for OpenGL work.  "Consumer"
level stuff that is going to be worth looking at are 3Dlabs entry level
and perhaps nVidia's Geforce cards if you're willing to be one of early
users.

The reason is that 3Dfx and ATI have only started OpenGL driver
development in the last year or so.  3Dlabs has been doing it for many
years, and nVidia has committed to it for the last couple years.

note the review of nVidia's Quadro card
http://www.anandtech.com/html/articledisplay.cfm?document=1117

Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with Solidworks?

Post by Jason Iannuzz » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have a V3-2000 at home and I "tried" SWX on it.

3DFX makes some really bad OpenGL drivers.  I've ordered a DDR GeForce to
take its place.  If the only application you plan on running is SWX or CAD,
get a 3DLabs VX1.  I play my fair share of Quake2/3, so the GeForce was my
best solution.

Jason

> > Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with
Solidworks?

> >  WE have Voodoo3 2000's. Are they good for SolidWorks or what?

> Pretty much stay away from ATI or 3Dfx for OpenGL work.  "Consumer"
> level stuff that is going to be worth looking at are 3Dlabs entry level
> and perhaps nVidia's Geforce cards if you're willing to be one of early
> users.

> The reason is that 3Dfx and ATI have only started OpenGL driver
> development in the last year or so.  3Dlabs has been doing it for many
> years, and nVidia has committed to it for the last couple years.

> note the review of nVidia's Quadro card
> http://www.anandtech.com/html/articledisplay.cfm?document=1117

1. Video cards again (TNT cards)

I've read a few times here that the Riva TNT based video
cards "have trouble" with AutoCAD... could someone
please fill me in on the specifics of that trouble? And,
have nVidia or any of the board manufacturers been
able to correct the problems?

I will be buying a new system this week and the one
I am looking at comes with the Diamond Viper 550...

Thanks in advance,
- m.

     Mike Holthouse - Indianapolis, IN
        Drop the "X" to e-mail me.

2. How to get the ID of the control that trigger a postback

3. Best Video Card for Solidworks ?

4. Wordperfect on Alpha AXP ?

5. Best Motherboard and Video Card for Solidworks???

6. scanning stippled semi-gloss paper

7. FS: Video 7 SPEA 1280 CAD Video card (SVGA)

8. Jazz iomega suggestions

9. Best video card

10. Been Awhile..What video card works best?

11. 3d video card? low cost, which is best

12. Best Video Card for under $300?????

13. Best video card for autocad ?