Modeler Parts

Post by Howard.Theunisse » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am a new user for MS Modeler.

The problem that I am having is when I need to create a part to make an
assembly.

Example:  I have three tubular sections that are welded together.  I need to
see all three on the drawing as individual parts, so I can't union them in
boolean.

When I created a part for assembly, MS only recognises the one tube and not
all three.

Can anyone help?

Howard Theunissen
____________________________________

Sudafrica Automazione Industriale (Pty) Ltd.
Safren House
Oakworth Rd. Humewood
6001  Port Elizabeth
South Africa

Tel: (27)  41   5018600
Fax: (27)  41  5822156

Modeler Parts

Post by Samuel » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Howard,
Just a * answer. I can help you, e-mail me the file privately. It
won't take long from Port Elizabeth to Joburg :-)
I have been a Modeler user for years :-(
Regards
Sam McCammond
Galilee Engineering Design Services
http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Regards
S. McCammond
Galilee Engineering Design Services
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> New posting to comp.cad.microstation news group.
> Provided by the  newsgroup-microstation "Majordomo" List Server

> I am a new user for MS Modeler.

> The problem that I am having is when I need to create a part to make an
> assembly.

> Example:  I have three tubular sections that are welded together.  I need
> see all three on the drawing as individual parts, so I can't union them in
> boolean.

> When I created a part for assembly, MS only recognises the one tube and
not
> all three.

> Can anyone help?

> Howard Theunissen
> ____________________________________

> Sudafrica Automazione Industriale (Pty) Ltd.
> Safren House
> Oakworth Rd. Humewood
> 6001  Port Elizabeth
> South Africa

> Tel: (27)  41   5018600
> Fax: (27)  41  5822156

> To Un/Subscribe your self to any Bentley System, Inc. "Majordomo" list:
>                  via web :   http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. Modeler parts/assembly

Can anyone help me with a problem I have with parts/assembly in modeler.
I have created a small assembly in a design file and I wish to use this
assembly as a single part of a much larger assembly in a separate design
file. At the moment I am only able to create single separate parts from
my small assembly whereas I would really like to name the complete group
as a part and then import it as one into my larger design.If I group the
components I cannot then create this as a part. If anyone has any ideas
please contact me.

Thanks in advance

George Smith.

2. Help! I deleted Templates folder!

3. Do Modeler Parts retain Material assignments ?

4. I'm making about $400 a Month, and you?

5. Modeler Parts and Joints

6. Yamaha CDR200t doesn't eject disc after burn

7. Q: uStation/Modeler: How to get Assembly Sub-Part List (MDL)

8. transfer

9. Repositioning assembly parts in Modeler

10. Modeler Help - Parts

11. Part modeler in Xchangeworks: What can it do?

12. PowerScope's view of Modeler files utilizing parts!!!