Analog Artist/hspice .meas

Post by Kurt Hansle » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:34:51

IC 4.4.3

Dear All,

I often use(d) the .MEASure  command in hspice for getting some
characteristics out of a circuit. Is there a way that I can tell Analog
Artist to do the same?
e.g. taking an inverter, measuring the cell delay, varying the supply
voltage, measuring the cell delay again, and finally plotting a graph cell
delay vs. supply voltage.
I know I can do this using ALTER and MEAS in an include file to Analog
Artist and I get the data into an external file, but I am just wondering
whether someone has an idea how I could get that characteristic straight on
the screen in Analog Artist.

cheers, Kurt.

--

Analog Artist/hspice .meas

Post by Vladim » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:48:39

> IC 4.4.3

> Dear All,

> I often use(d) the .MEASure  command in hspice for getting some
> characteristics out of a circuit. Is there a way that I can tell Analog
> Artist to do the same?
> e.g. taking an inverter, measuring the cell delay, varying the supply
> voltage, measuring the cell delay again, and finally plotting a graph cell
> delay vs. supply voltage.
> I know I can do this using ALTER and MEAS in an include file to Analog
> Artist and I get the data into an external file, but I am just wondering
> whether someone has an idea how I could get that characteristic straight on
> the screen in Analog Artist.

> cheers, Kurt.

Hi, Kurt!
It is much more convinient to do this task in Analog Artist. Because
for HSPICE if you want to plot something like that you should include
.MEAS command before simulation. So you must think over thoroughly
before simulation what kind of information you will want to see after
simulation. But sometimes it is very difficult to predict that. Using
Analog Artist Parametric Analysis with calculator tool you can get any
information after simulation.
Now about above mentioned task. Set DC voltage for Vcc source as
variable. Add this variable and it's default value to variable list.
Choose Parametric analysis tool. Pick up this Vcc variable as sweeping
variable. Run Analysis from Parametric analysis window (not from
Analog Artist window). When the analysis is finished open calculator
wndows click VT button and two nodes (supposed to be a delayed output
and an input) in schematic window. After that choose Special Function
-> Delay and fill in a poping up window. You should set threshold
levels, edge numbers and edge kinds (rising or falling) both for
output and input. After that click plot or erplot and you will see how
you delay varies with Vcc.
Best regards
Vladimir Fomin.

Quote:

> --

1. Analog Artist (Spectre vs Hspice)

Hi,

I've got a question regarding Analog Artist. When we open up the Artist tool it defaults to a spectreS simulation environment - we always change it to a hspiceS simulation environment as that is the only package we use.

Does anyone know of a way to have Analog Artist default to a hspiceS session instead of spectreS? If so we would be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

                                                Brian Hill
                                                "desperate student"

2. Looking for ACAD font to truetype or postscript converter!!!!

3. Hspice licensing problem from within Analog Artist (97A release)

4. Clipboard problem

5. edit component CDF to allow proper netlisting in HSpiceS Analog Artist?

6. printer offline message

7. How to do Analog simulation in Analog Artist?

8. How to customize Domino Web messages

9. Hspice Interface problem with Analog Interface

10. How to compile AHDL outside Analog Artist

11. How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

12. Tolerences in Analog Artist

13. Analog Artist: finding the largest current