Are Autocad release 10 c2 and Autocad 386 release 10 the same?

Are Autocad release 10 c2 and Autocad 386 release 10 the same?

Post by empro.. » Mon, 07 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I can't install the ADI 4.1 HP-GL/2 plotter driver for my new HP
design jet 350C plotter. Autocad 10 c2 doesn't seem to find the
plphgl2.exp driver. I tried both methods suggested in the installation
guide, a) to set the variable pladi to the path of plphgl2.exp, and b)
to rename plphgl2.exp to adiplot.exp. Is my  Autocad release 10 c2
different from the Autocad 386 release 10 mentioned in the
installation guide? Can anybody suggest me how to solve this problem?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Sten Madsen

Post by John Broc » Wed, 16 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> I can't install the ADI 4.1 HP-GL/2 plotter driver for my new HP
> design jet 350C plotter. Autocad 10 c2 doesn't seem to find the
> plphgl2.exp driver. I tried both methods suggested in the installation
> guide, a) to set the variable pladi to the path of plphgl2.exp, and b)
> to rename plphgl2.exp to adiplot.exp. Is my  Autocad release 10 c2
> different from the Autocad 386 release 10 mentioned in the
> installation guide? Can anybody suggest me how to solve this problem?
> Any suggestion will be appreciated.
> Thanks in advance
> Sten Madsen

You need a real mode driver.  Good luck trying to find one.  Maybe
http://www.hp.com:80/cposupport/indexes/pwin_dos.html#software
The old DOS version of 10 is VERY old now.  The 4.2 ADI spec was introduced
in R12.  The 4.1 ADI spec was in R11.  The simple answer is that there
wern't and HPGL2 devices when R10 DOS was written.  UPGRADE YOUR AUTOCAD OR
USE YOUR OLD PLODDER (oops.. I meant plotter!)

1. AutoCAD Release 12 c2 for AutoCAD 386

I have "AutoCAD Release 12 c2 for AutoCAD 386" on Windows 98SE.  Everything
is fine except getting the printer to run.  I have read that "HP-GL-2 ADI
4.2 driver for AutoCAD R12 DOS" will work on a HP DESKJET 840C.  I can not
fine this.  Does anyone know about this?

TIA

Wayne

2. imaps on Eudora

3. Release 10 to Release 13C4 Dimensions

4. 2501 and 2610 speed

5. Going from Release 11 to earlier version than Release 10 (DXF)

6. Yamaha PCI 724 chipset sound card.

7. Video driver setup autocad release 10 c7

8. For old-timers only

9. Can I input old release 10 acad dwgs into AutoCad LT with out converting??

10. Autocad release 10 and windows 95

11. Wanted: Autocad Release 10

12. Release "10" in Win98

13. Installation problem Release 10