Using the API to save files with "Save eDrawing data" enabled?

Using the API to save files with "Save eDrawing data" enabled?

Post by Iain M. Wicken » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:51:10

Just wondering if anyone has written a macro to save files with the "Save
eDrawing data" option turned on?  Ideally I'm looking for a macro that will
batch-process a selected folder.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Iain

Using the API to save files with "Save eDrawing data" enabled?

Post by Jason Capriott » Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:39:42

You can turn this option on in Solidworks / tools / options/ General "Save
eDrawing data".
Just turn this option on for the machine running the batch save.

regards,
Jason

Quote:> Just wondering if anyone has written a macro to save files with the "Save
> eDrawing data" option turned on?  Ideally I'm looking for a macro that
will
> batch-process a selected folder.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Cheers,
> Iain

1. Ref files: "Save full path" VS "Save partial path"

MicroStation 95 now lets you save the full path to reference
files.  I would like to know if there is a way to save a
partial path (also known as relative addressing) to a reference
file.  For example, say the active file is c:\project\base\active.dgn
and it references the file c:\project\new\ref.dgn.  Instead of
saving the whole path "c:\project\new\ref.dgn" I would like to only
save the path "relative" from where the active file is.  This would
make the path to this ref file "..\new\ref.dgn".

When the full path is saved, if you needed to move these files to,
say, the f: directory, none of the reference files will full paths
saved would be found.  This relative addressing would fix this
problem.

If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would appreciate your input.

Oh, I know that I add directories to the config variable for reference
paths, but then anyone on another computer would have to do the same
and the list would get out of hand for a large number of project
directories - not quite as slick as I'd like.

(This all first came up when I moved some files to a zip drive to
work off of which is my e: drive versus the hard drive, c:, where
the files where originally created.)

        Thanks!

                Brian Runyen

--------------------------------------
Urban Design Group - Austin
4412 Spicewood Springs Road, Suite 800
Austin, Texas  78759

Phone (512)346-2353
FAX (512)338-0763
http://www.flash.net/~udgaus
--------------------------------------

2. Video card IRQ - what is it for?

3. Making "Save As R12" default file save format

4. Z8000 microprocessors, C cross-compiler and a PLZ/ASM assembler

6. IPC on home network

7. """""""""""Services in Archicad and Autocad""""""""""""

8. """""""""Offer - drawing in archicad and autocad""""""""""""

9. """""""""""Services in Archicad and Autocad"""""""""

10. """""Services in archicad and autocad"""""

11. Using "Save as with drawings"