How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

Post by Norman Dode » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:35:10

Hy,

Do somebody know how to pipe the output log of Analog Artist (or Analog
Enviroment) to the CIW?

Thanks for any suggestion

Regards

Norman Dodel

How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

Post by Andrew Becket » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 02:37:49

Do you mean the ouput of the simulator? For the older socket interfaces
(e.g. spectreS, hspiceS, cdsSpice), this is what happens. For the new
spectre interface it does not output to the CIW.

There are good reasons for this.

1. It's very slow to use the CIW. The CIW is implemented as a listbox, and this
    is not designed to display large quantities of information.
    We had cases with spectreS where a circuit would take 20 seconds to
    fail to converge and then 15 minutes to tell you in the CIW why it didn't
    converge.
2. Er, it's very slow...

So, why do you want it to output to the CIW. The CIW should not be used
as a dumping ground for infomration, especially as it tends to get ignored by
many users!

You can control whether spectre pops up a window with the log file or not,
which ought to be sufficient. (on the Setup->Environment options form)

Regards,

Andrew.

--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Technical Leader

How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

Post by Eunice Santori » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:04:59

Quote:> Does somebody know how to pipe the output log of Analog Artist
> (or Analog Design Environment) to the CIW?
> Norman Dodel

Are you asking how to get the same output log information
in the CIW that you see in the CDS.log file?

If so, run the CIW command:
  CIW: Options->Log Filter
and set the following:
       Show Input:    [x]menu commands  [x]prompts
       Show Output:   [x]user           [x]menu commands  [x]program results
       Show Messages: [x]errors         [x]warnings

Post by Pete nospam Zak » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:14:05

>So, why do you want it to output to the CIW. The CIW should not be used
>as a dumping ground for infomration, especially as it tends to get ignored by
>many users!

>>Do somebody know how to pipe the output log of Analog Artist (or Analog
>>Enviroment) to the CIW?

Andrew is correct, the CIW is not meant for displaying lots of information,
that's what text windows are for.

You can use a text (a/k/a "showfile" a/k/a "viewfile") window to display
arbitrary text files, and there is even a control so it will continually
update as new information is appended to the file (similar to "tail -f").

-Pete Zakel

"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn."

1. Analog Artist textual output

What is the easiest way to save a textual version of a
simulation run in Analog Artist, so that the data
could be plotted in another plotting package, and
analyzed? Do I need to add a line to the netlist to
tell SPICE to do this, or does Artist have a tabular
output switch somewhere?

--
/*******************************************************************/
Jeffrey A Echtenkamp                    "What has four legs and

2. Strange Error when invoking WebService

3. How to do Analog simulation in Analog Artist?

4. Not working?

5. directing ciw csh output

6. Hack to launch a program when docked

7. How to compile AHDL outside Analog Artist

8. Small fonts & borders in Win-OS/2, 1024x768

9. Analog Artist/hspice .meas

10. Tolerences in Analog Artist

11. Analog Artist: finding the largest current

12. Hardcopy defaults in Analog Artist

13. printing analog artist waveforms to postscript?