Single selection set, multiple commands at once.....possible?

Single selection set, multiple commands at once.....possible?

Post by TriDor » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have a series of sorta complex selection sets that I need to
perform several operations to. I'd like to be able to perform the
operations to the sets at the same time to save having to select
the object repeatedly.
For example, I'd like to explode all blocks within the selected
set, then change several properties of the selected entities,
then move them all a specified distance.

Rather than having to repeatedly select the objects for each
command, can I select the object, THEN give a series of commands
separated by commas??? Or something similar?

Please email as I don't get to c.c.a very often, what with my
busy '90s lifestyle and all. TIA for any help.

TriDork

Post by Victor Fun » Wed, 19 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I have a series of sorta complex selection sets that I need to
> perform several operations to. I'd like to be able to perform the
> operations to the sets at the same time to save having to select
> the object repeatedly.
> For example, I'd like to explode all blocks within the selected
> set, then change several properties of the selected entities,
> then move them all a specified distance.

> Rather than having to repeatedly select the objects for each
> command, can I select the object, THEN give a series of commands
> separated by commas??? Or something similar?

  you can use the "p" option for the selection sets,
which means 'previous selection set'.  the problem is
that once you explode the blocks, you create new entities,
and the 'p' doesn't make sense anymore

Quote:

> Please email as I don't get to c.c.a very often, what with my
> busy '90s lifestyle and all. TIA for any help.

> TriDork

again, that's a NO NO in usenet.  you are too busy
to read this newsgroup but the rest of the world should
not.  if you are looking for an answer at least you
should spend the time searching for it, not just assume
that somebody will call you or send you a fax with
your answer for free. we are posting answers not only
to help you in particular, but to share what we know
we the other readers, and learn if  our answers are
incorrect or incomplete.

--

St. Louis, MO              http://www.i1.net/~vicfung

Post by Ravi Banth » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I have a series of sorta complex selection sets that I need to
>perform several operations to. I'd like to be able to perform the
>operations to the sets at the same time to save having to select
>the object repeatedly.
>For example, I'd like to explode all blocks within the selected
>set, then change several properties of the selected entities,
>then move them all a specified distance.

>Rather than having to repeatedly select the objects for each
>command, can I select the object, THEN give a series of commands
>separated by commas??? Or something similar?

>Please email as I don't get to c.c.a very often, what with my
>busy '90s lifestyle and all. TIA for any help.

>TriDork

TriDork,

You can use AutoLISP to do what you need. But a little clarification
is needed :

- do you really need to explode the blocks ?
- do you want to make the same changes to all the elements of the selected
  blocks
- do you need to move individual elements blocks, or all the elements
  as a whole.
- what kind of changes do you want to make to the selected entities?

Ravi Banthia
//Autodesk Product Support on the Internet//

Post by chalic » Fri, 21 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I have a series of sorta complex selection sets that I need to
> perform several operations to. I'd like to be able to perform the
> operations to the sets at the same time to save having to select
> the object repeatedly.
> For example, I'd like to explode all blocks within the selected
> set, then change several properties of the selected entities,
> then move them all a specified distance.

> Rather than having to repeatedly select the objects for each
> command, can I select the object, THEN give a series of commands
> separated by commas??? Or something similar?

> Please email as I don't get to c.c.a very often, what with my
> busy '90s lifestyle and all. TIA for any help.

> TriDork

The command SELECT allows you to set up a selection set which is
then remembered until you create another selection.  This selection
is then recalled using p (for previous). ie at the prompt
Select objects: (type) p

cheers
chalice

Post by Dennis Shi » Fri, 21 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>> Please email as I don't get to c.c.a very often, what with my
>> busy '90s lifestyle and all. TIA for any help.

>> TriDork
>again, that's a NO NO in usenet.  you are too busy
>to read this newsgroup but ....

Exceedingly well said!

Dennis Shinn
Seattle AutoCAD User Group
SAUG-BBS [206] 644-7115 [PCGNet]9:517/215
    Anatech Systems
    Construction Detailing
    3D modeling support or the construction industry
        http://www.halcyon.com/jeeper

1. Single click Osnap selection in R14, is it possible?

I have just started the transistion to R14 and I have run into something
that I can't seem to figure out.

In R13, when I right clicked to bring up the Osnap menu, I could hold down
the button and let go of it once I was over the Osnap that I wanted. One
click.

In R14, it seems to require that I right click to bring up the Osnap menu
and then I have to click on the one I want to select it.

Is there a way of having it function like R13 did?

Lorne Tontegode

2. Bringing down Windows 95

3. Multiple Buttons Calling Single Command

4. UseNet Question?

5. multiple entity selection sets

6. Win98 SE

7. IPLOT - how to create multiple plots from single design file via single settings file...

8. PC interupt software for ergo

9. HOW CAN I ATTACH A LABEL TO ALL THE ITEMS OF A MULTIPLE SELECTION SET?

10. R13 updating multiple text/arrows properties all at once???

11. R14 - Printing Multiple Views @ Once

12. changing shown configuration in multiple drawing views at once

13. Tagging an element more than once with the same tag set.