Help! Hidden Line removal in Mechanical Desktop.

Help! Hidden Line removal in Mechanical Desktop.

Post by Jonathan McCan » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have created several large assemblies in Mechanical desktop.  When I make
the cross section views of the assemblies, many of the components which
should be hidden are continuous, and better yet, components which should
have been cut away all together are shown.  Many mix ups between which
lines are hidden and continuous.  Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanx,
Joanthan

Post by davidr.. » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>I have created several large assemblies in Mechanical desktop.  When I
make
>the cross section views of the assemblies, many of the components which
>should be hidden are continuous, and better yet, components which should
>have been cut away all together are shown.  Many mix ups between which
>lines are hidden and continuous.  Is there any way to fix this problem?

Make sure you have the latest release of Desktop (v.1.1). There have been
a number of improvements made in this area.
HTH

Regards,

Dave

Internet:

1. R12 Hidden Line Removal Problem

Can anyone help us with this AutoCAD R12 problem?

We have a drawing with dimensioned views of an item drawn in 2-D, and
overall views of it drawn in 3-D.  All the views are inserted as blocks
into the drawing, and the drawing is plotted with hidden line removal
selected.  (Everything is in model space; we're very primitive.)

Problem:  Hiding lines during plotting (or using the HIDE command) has
the effect of "virtually" turning FILL off.  The variable is still set
to "ON," but all solids, wide polylines and arrowheads in the 2-D views
become outlines.  Presumably the hidden line removal algorithm is to
blame.

Is there any way to get filled solids and hidden lines at the same time,
or are they mutually exclusive?  (This is R.12c2, by the way).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. ifType 17 (sdlc) question

3. Hidden line removal ?

4. Another update on land.c and Cisco

5. Hidden line removal function

6. FIX PACKS?

7. problem in printing hidden line removal

8. ahhhh, it's finally arrived - I love 1982

9. R13C4 HIDDEN LINE REMOVAL PROBLEM

10. Exact Hidden Line Removal

11. Programmatic hidden line removal...

12. Hidden line removal