Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by nospam_engl.. » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00



I am having problems with my Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card running
Pro/E.  All of the Pro/E windows go black after I create a feature.  I
have to repaint the screen and/or "view; pan/zoom; reset" to get the
graphics window back to normal.  

Here is the hardware that I am using:
NT 4.0 Workstation
PII 266
ASUS motherboard
PCI Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card
128 MB RAM

Is anyone else having these problems?  Does anyone have any ideas on
how to fix it?  It is almost like a color mapping problem on unix
boxes.  Does NT have the same type of color mapping problems as
X-Windows?

 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by ccadca.. » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00



>I am having problems with my Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card running
>Pro/E.  All of the Pro/E windows go black after I create a feature.  I
>have to repaint the screen and/or "view; pan/zoom; reset" to get the
>graphics window back to normal.  

>Here is the hardware that I am using:
>NT 4.0 Workstation
>PII 266
>ASUS motherboard
>PCI Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card
>128 MB RAM

>Is anyone else having these problems?  Does anyone have any ideas on
>how to fix it?  It is almost like a color mapping problem on unix
>boxes.  Does NT have the same type of color mapping problems as
>X-Windows?

Hi!

I have a Fire GL 1000 Pro PCI. I installed it with the drivers in the
cdrom and it was all OK!
I installed the new drivers downloaded from
http://www.diamondmm.com/products/drivers/firegl-1000pro.html
but I had some problems with Cimatron and Pro/E

so I returned to the old drivers!

Please remove the first c to email me!!!!

 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by Tom Sketchle » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00


You did not mention how many colors you have set the display to nor if you
tried to contact Diamond technical support.  The optimum setting is 65k
colors.  Also, the Fire GL is AGP not PCI.



Quote:> I am having problems with my Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card running
> Pro/E.  All of the Pro/E windows go black after I create a feature.  I
> have to repaint the screen and/or "view; pan/zoom; reset" to get the
> graphics window back to normal.  
>...
> Is anyone else having these problems?  Does anyone have any ideas on
> how to fix it?  It is almost like a color mapping problem on unix
> boxes.  Does NT have the same type of color mapping problems as
> X-Windows?

 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by Ryan Zaumsei » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00


The "rr" mapkey will speed up your repainting time.

We have this same problem on the computers in the labs here on campus.
Please let me know if you find a solution.  It has gotten to be quite
annoying to me too.

Ryan Zaumseil


Quote:> I am having problems with my Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card running
> Pro/E.  All of the Pro/E windows go black after I create a feature.  I
> have to repaint the screen and/or "view; pan/zoom; reset" to get the
> graphics window back to normal.  

> Here is the hardware that I am using:
> NT 4.0 Workstation
> PII 266
> ASUS motherboard
> PCI Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card
> 128 MB RAM

> Is anyone else having these problems?  Does anyone have any ideas on
> how to fix it?  It is almost like a color mapping problem on unix
> boxes.  Does NT have the same type of color mapping problems as
> X-Windows?

 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by brian adkin » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00



> You did not mention how many colors you have set the display to nor if you
> tried to contact Diamond technical support.  The optimum setting is 65k
> colors.  Also, the Fire GL is AGP not PCI.

---available in PCI and AGP configurations

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download
 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by Mike » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00


I have the same card in one of my machines, We just received it, yet the
BIOS on the card was out of date. It also came loaded with an older display
driver.

I was getting screen lockups, some colors were blanking, and some Pro/E
windows would not refresh. Spin shaded did not work, yada yada yada

I downloaded the latest BIOS from diamond and installed it.

I downloaded the latest display driver from 3dlabs and installed it.

I am very pleased with it performance now, this seams to have fixed all the
problems I was having.

This machine is:
Intel 333mhz
Nt. 4.0 service pack 3
fire GL 1000 pro
256 megs ram
21 inch display.

The only thing I don't understand is that I can only get 65536 colors
at 1280 x 1024.

good luck
mike b

 
 
 

Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

Post by ccadca.. » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00



>I have the same card in one of my machines, We just received it, yet the
>BIOS on the card was out of date. It also came loaded with an older display
>driver.

>I was getting screen lockups, some colors were blanking, and some Pro/E
>windows would not refresh. Spin shaded did not work, yada yada yada

>I downloaded the latest BIOS from diamond and installed it.

>I downloaded the latest display driver from 3dlabs and installed it.

>I am very pleased with it performance now, this seams to have fixed all the
>problems I was having.

yes, it works fine!

Quote:

>This machine is:
>Intel 333mhz
>Nt. 4.0 service pack 3
>fire GL 1000 pro
>256 megs ram
>21 inch display.

>The only thing I don't understand is that I can only get 65536 colors
>at 1280 x 1024.

I had this problem with the old version of the drivers.

The new drivers downloaded from the diamond web site  (
www.diamondmm.com ) fixed this problem. Now I can have True color with
1280x1024 but for Pro/E is better 65536 color, the real time render is
faster!!

Quote:

>good luck
>mike b

 
 
 

1. OPEN-GL with Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro ?????

I have a pentium II 300 with a Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro Card. I have
installed these card with the drivers that came with the card.

Now when I run ProEngineer, the info window tells me that I am working in
the WIN32GDI mode.

I have  already try the option GRAPHICS  OPENGL in the config.pro, but that
don't change anything

Is there someone that can give me a answer to this problem

I would appreciate this very much

Tanx in advance

Rudi

2. VIKING BW 19" MONITOR W/ CARD? *PRICE QUOTE*

3. ???DIAMOND Fire GL 1000 PRO or MATROX MILLENIUM II with 4megs???

4. Qwest Remote DSLAM.... trying to get service with VISI.com

5. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro Driver

6. TIA and FTP-PM ??

7. ???DIAMOND Fire GL 1000 PRO or MATROX MILLENIUM II with 4megs???

8. Nokia 9210 query

9. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro on Windows 98

10. Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro

11. FIRE GL 1000 PRO

12. Best Drivers for Diamond Fire GL 1000 Pro?