3rd Party Mapping Applications

Post by Derek A. Farr » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 06:42:02

Allow me to be one of the first to get the ball rolling in this
new news group....

Does anyone know of any 3rd party mapping applications that perform
basically the same functionality that Intergraph's MGE Projection Manager
performs?  We're a Sun Sparc shop and there's no hope that Intergraph
will ever port Projection Manager to the Sparc.

Some of the functionality that we're looking for is:
  - Lat/Long readouts on tentative points
  - Design file coordinate transformation (map convert)
  - Generating a Lat/Long grid in a design file (grid gen)

Is there any chance BSI will write an MDL to perform these functions?

 Shell Offshore Inc.                        voice: (504)588-0156
 E&P-Shelf-Technology-Computing Appl & Data   fax: (504)588-0775

3rd Party Mapping Applications

Post by Phil Chouinard [Bentley » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 11:21:29

Quote:> Does anyone know of any 3rd party mapping applications that perform
> basically the same functionality that Intergraph's MGE Projection Manager
> performs?  We're a Sun Sparc shop and there's no hope that Intergraph
> will ever port Projection Manager to the Sparc.

> Some of the functionality that we're looking for is:
>   - Lat/Long readouts on tentative points
>   - Design file coordinate transformation (map convert)
>   - Generating a Lat/Long grid in a design file (grid gen)

Derek: You might want to take a look at MicroGIS, from MIZAR Graphics,
Inc. They have products that run on a variety of platforms. According
to the MicroStation Solutions Catalog, they run on Sun also. MIZAR can
be reached at (303) 830-0506.

BTW, you might be able to find some other similar products in the
MicroStation Solutions Catalog. It can be downloaded off of MAINline
(ftp.bentley.com), which is synchronized with our Web site
(http://www.bentley.com). We are in the process of updating the Catalog
for 1995. HTH

 ============== One of "The People Behind MicroStation" ==============
 Phil Chouinard                                  Phone: (610) 458-5000
 Bentley Systems                                   Fax: (610) 458-1060
 690 Pennsylvania Drive                         CompuServe: 75300,3376

 ====== MicroStation FORUM & Exhibition - Philadelphia, Mar 7-9 ======

1. 3rd party application procedures and guidelines

I am looking for procedures and/or guidelines for 3rd party application
software for Autocad. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Isn't
there an applications development s/w package available?

2. wanted - will pay $!

3. What is the best 3rd party architecture add on.

4. Cisco Certification

5. EBAY - AutoCAD 3rd Party Programs

6. Loader and crt0 code modifications...

7. EBAY -- AutoCAD 3rd Party Programs

8. Sun VME CPU 501-2718

9. 3rd party software for isometric view creation