tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

Post by Brnthunt » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Is there any way to attach a tag to a cell so that when you bring it into a
drawing
the necessary information comes with it? E.G. Autocad blocks and invisible
attributes.

tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

Post by Don F » Fri, 17 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Brnthunter,

Just use normal tag attachment tool to attach your tags to cells.  There is no
need to have a special tool for your said purpose as any displayable tag on a
cell will be exported as an AutoCAD attribute on a block, automatically.  The
only thing you need to be aware is that since AutoCAD does not accept
attributes on any entities but block, you should not attach tags to elements
other than cells in your case.

Regards,
Don Fu

--
+=================================================================+
| Don H. Fu, Ph.D.           |          Phone:     (610) 458-2847 |

| Exton, PA 19341            |    BSI Web: http://www.bentley.com |
+=================================================================+

tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

Post by Alan » Sun, 19 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
Is there anyway to put the tag in the cell so one is prompted for
values? I Acad, inserting a block with attributes can cause a series of
prompts. How does one do that in ustn?
Thanks Alan

> Brnthunter,

> Just use normal tag attachment tool to attach your tags to cells.  There is no
> need to have a special tool for your said purpose as any displayable tag on a
> cell will be exported as an AutoCAD attribute on a block, automatically.  The
> only thing you need to be aware is that since AutoCAD does not accept
> attributes on any entities but block, you should not attach tags to elements
> other than cells in your case.

> Regards,
> Don Fu

> > Is there any way to attach a tag to a cell so that when you bring it into a
> > drawing
> > the necessary information comes with it? E.G. Autocad blocks and invisible
> > attributes.

> --
> +=================================================================+
> | Don H. Fu, Ph.D.           |          Phone:     (610) 458-2847 |
> | Bentley Systems, Inc.      |           Fax.:     (610) 458-1060 |

> | Exton, PA 19341            |    BSI Web: http://www.bentley.com |
> +=================================================================+

1. Attaching Tags to Cell's

I am looking for some sample code for attaching tag elements to cells.
I am a bit confused as to the relation of the mdlTag_xxx functions and
the mdlAssoc_xxx functions.  What I really am trying to accomplish is
to get the cell element descriptor from the cell library, create a tag
set definition on-the-fly in MDL, and append (or associate) the tag
element to the cell, either by appending it to the descriptor or by
associating it to the cell after it is placed by using the filePos of the
cell.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.  I have looked at
the sample MDL's with MicroStation 95, and I can understand how to create
the tag set definition, but attaching it to the cell is where I am having
the problem.

                                        much tanx!,
                                        ken taylor

                                        or 73150,2462

2. My Internet Train has square wheels?

3. Attaching Tag data to cells

4. Diff between 3401B,3401TA?

5. Getting Tag name and Setname from Tag using Basic

6. mIRC and the Linksys BEFSR41

7. Tagging an element more than once with the same tag set.

8. Outlook & Outlook Express

9. Copy n Paste tagged elements and keeping the tag

10. attach tag

11. Macro to attach a tag to an element