Toolbox steel shapes, how best..

Post by Whit » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 00:55:54

...to use them. Newbie here, designing a frame using primarily
2"x3"x3/16"wall rect steel tube. Yesterday I tryed to insert another
from the toolbox but got an error message something about an invalid
dimension. After trying several things to correct the problem I got an
un*erated 'part' of my bosses machine, and overwrote the one I had.
Somehow I had saved over the original one with ine that was 18" long (?,
shrugging shoulders)

When I drag-n-drop the shape from the toolbox a popup window appears
asking if I want List by Part Number or List By Description, I assume
this info gets fed to the BOM, what do you do here?

I found a hure thread on frame design from a while back, but have only
gotten about 1/2 way thru.

Tips appreciated,
Whit

Toolbox steel shapes, how best..

Post by Kennet » Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:25:07

Quote:> ...to use them. Newbie here, designing a frame using primarily
> 2"x3"x3/16"wall rect steel tube. Yesterday I tryed to insert another
> from the toolbox but got an error message something about an invalid
> dimension. After trying several things to correct the problem I got an
> un*erated 'part' of my bosses machine, and overwrote the one I had.
> Somehow I had saved over the original one with ine that was 18" long (?,
> shrugging shoulders)

I'm shrugging mine too.  hehe :)

Quote:> When I drag-n-drop the shape from the toolbox a popup window appears
> asking if I want List by Part Number or List By Description, I assume
> this info gets fed to the BOM, what do you do here?

It doesn't go into the BOM.  You don't have to do anything.
Click on help button for more info.
The configuration name will go into the BOM, unless you change it to User
Specified, which is what I do.  That's right, I edit the toolbox part.

Quote:> I found a hure thread on frame design from a while back, but have only
> gotten about 1/2 way thru.

Don't know what a hure thread is.  hehe :)
Quote:

> Tips appreciated,
> Whit

Toolbox steel shapes, how best..

Post by Whit » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 00:02:19

I played with it again yesterday and ended up modifying/breaking the
file in the toolbox, again. But I'm trying to do/learn half dozen things
at once...

> The configuration name will go into the BOM, unless you change it to User
> Specified, which is what I do.  That's right, I edit the toolbox part.

Why "That's right"? You *have* to edit the toolbox part, don't you?

Quote:> > I found a hure thread on frame design from a while back, but have only
> > gotten about 1/2 way thru.

> Don't know what a hure thread is.  hehe :)

What part of the world are you from?, *everybody* 'round these parts
know what a hure is <eg>

I'ts the configurations that are throwing me, I'll play more this
weekend.

1. STEEL Shapes Plus released / demo available

I'm pleased to announce the release of STEEL Shapes Plus 1. The
application is a reference and look-up utility for the properties of
structural steel shapes.

The application is designed for Engineers, Architects, drafters and
students as a low cost, easy to use application that provides instant
access to the properties of structural steel.

There is fully functional, 15 days trial demo available at
www.steelsplus.com and a promotional 15% off the base price on our
website.

A special price for student will be available very soon.

2. DDR on Synchronous Serial Interface

3. Australian BHP Steel Shapes

4. HP6L printer stop working after system-standby

5. Does Anyone Know of a Good Structural Steel Shapes Program for R14?

6. csh's auto-logout

7. . JIS (Japanese) Steel Shapes

8. Cshapes - Drawing Steel Shapes fast and accurately

9. Cshapes - Drawing steel shapes fast and accurately

10. >> Canadian Steel Shapes

11. European structural steel shapes

12. Steel Shapes