eye plotting analog artist waveform window

eye plotting analog artist waveform window

Post by Barry Bas » Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:04:11

I am trying to plot eye patterns in analog artist
using the calculator. Does anyone have code or a
method that can do this.

Barry

Post by Richard Sute » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:54:34

> I am trying to plot eye patterns in analog artist
> using the calculator. Does anyone have code or a
> method that can do this.

> Barry

This does not use the calculator but will produce an eye diagram.  You
need to set up a linear ramp signal whose period is equal to (or some
multiple of) your bit time.  This signals waveform is set as the x axis
from the plot window by;

Axes-> X axis-> Plot vs. -> change from "independent variable" to your
ramp signal.

I've found no way to turn off the retrace lines so you will want to
adjust the delay of the ramp to put the transitions around the middle of
the plot.  If you have noisy eye the retraces will mess up the plot.
Save the plot once you have it set up for use in later sessions.

It would be nice if Cadence provided some means of retrace blanking as
Avanti Awaves does with their continuous/monotonic plot selection.

-rick-

eye plotting analog artist waveform window

Post by R&C Milkovit » Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:17:22

Cadence does have an unsupported utility, but unfortunately you must call
the Helpdesk to obtain it.

I believe this is being considered for one of the next Artist releases.

-RM

> > I am trying to plot eye patterns in analog artist
> > using the calculator. Does anyone have code or a
> > method that can do this.

> > Barry

> This does not use the calculator but will produce an eye diagram.  You
> need to set up a linear ramp signal whose period is equal to (or some
> multiple of) your bit time.  This signals waveform is set as the x axis
> from the plot window by;

> Axes-> X axis-> Plot vs. -> change from "independent variable" to your
> ramp signal.

> I've found no way to turn off the retrace lines so you will want to
> adjust the delay of the ramp to put the transitions around the middle of
> the plot.  If you have noisy eye the retraces will mess up the plot.
> Save the plot once you have it set up for use in later sessions.

> It would be nice if Cadence provided some means of retrace blanking as
> Avanti Awaves does with their continuous/monotonic plot selection.

> -rick-

1. Help Cadence 4.4 Analog Artist Waveform Window Expressions

Hello

In Cadence 4.4, Analog Artist , Waveform Window
I would like to see (or even change) the expression behind a courve.
What cadence offers is only changing the name.

Can anyone help ?

Matthias

--
    Matthias Locher

    Philips Semiconductors                        Home:
    Binzstr. 44                                   Ruetihofstr. 61
    8045 Zuerich , Switzerland                    8049 Zuerich
    Phone: ++41-1-465-1395  Fax 465-1805          01 342 38 15

    www   : under construction                           |/

----------------------------------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo------------

2. Wingate config

3. printing analog artist waveforms to postscript?

4. thought IBM Came out with a WARP 4.5?

5. problems with printing of waveforms in the analog artist

6. m2001 deluxe & business and pocket pc money

7. Adding menus to Artist, waveform and Viruoso window with skill

8. Help with Image Composer Text Tool

9. How to do Analog simulation in Analog Artist?

10. analog waveform in IC5.0 for Linux

11. How to compile AHDL outside Analog Artist

12. How to pipe Analog Artist Output Log on CIW?

13. Analog Artist/hspice .meas