Datum Curve

Post by Jan Solminge » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I'm using equation to draw datum curve. However, the following doesn't
>work for me,

>    x=0
>    y=abs(.05*sin(360*t))
>    z=(1/cos(60)/tan(30)-4*.2*sin(60))*t

>It's because of the abs() I use. I really need to use this equation and >abs() is mentioned in the user guide. Anyone has any idea why this is >not working?

I'm using parameters in curve equation, and it works with one
restrictions. If I change the parameter by SETUP#PARAMETERS#MODIFY, the
normal REGENERATE doesn't work. I have to do INFO#REGENT
INFO#BEGINNING#QUIT to update the curve.

Perhaps you can have your abs() connected to a parameter in relations
and the parameter in the curve equation.

1. Creating absolute values when constructing a datum curve from equation

Hi,

Is there a way to create absolute values when creating a datum curve
from equation? I would like to enter something similar to these two
equations, but I can't since I'm unable to create absolute values....
I'm using Pro/E 2001. Thanks for your help.

x=2.80+4.66*t-21.84*(abs(t-1/3))^3
y=3.20-4.66*t+8.34*(abs(t-2/3))^3

Pablo,

2. Deleting virtual Com ports

3. Datum Curves

4. MIB design/Implementation

5. hiding datum curves

6. IJCAI get-together

7. Datum curves on sheet metal to be flattened

8. Updated IEEE SW Engr Stds Users Group Web Page

9. Lines vs. straight datum curves?

10. Extruding datum curve

11. mapkey for hiding datum curves?

12. Datum curves from equation

13. How to extrude and twist a 3D datum curve at the same time.