Edge2.1: How to convert voltage waveforms to logic waveforms?

Edge2.1: How to convert voltage waveforms to logic waveforms?

Post by David F. Sko » Thu, 28 Jan 1993 00:59:41

I have an 8-by-10 digital multiplier which I'm simulating using Hspice.
(!).  The problem is that I cannot look at the "logical" bus outputs,
because they are of type VOLTS, and Edge's waveform display won't let
me group them as a bus.  Is there any way I can somehow specify ranges
for Voh and Vol and convert Hspice's voltage output to a LOGIC type?

--
David F. SKoll

Post by Peter Stok » Fri, 29 Jan 1993 05:45:45

|> I have an 8-by-10 digital multiplier which I'm simulating using Hspice.
|> (!).  The problem is that I cannot look at the "logical" bus outputs,
|> because they are of type VOLTS, and Edge's waveform display won't let
|> me group them as a bus.  Is there any way I can somehow specify ranges
|> for Voh and Vol and convert Hspice's voltage output to a LOGIC type?
|> David F. SKoll

David,

I don't know the answer to your question but the
following MIGHT lead to a solution.   Essentially,
if you use STL to specify the circuit stimulus and
perform a simdiff, the resulting si.log file will
output lines like:

*Mismatch*  out       at time 9.9e-08 -  expected (voh)  simulated (2048)

There is a line in my STL source that reads

; specify voltage windows to define a input/outputs highs and lows
deflevel cmos vil=0.0 vih=5.0 vol=0.0 voh=5.0

I haven't pursued this but with some magic, you
might be able to get a table of voh/vol's.

Peter

Peter A. Stokes ___________________________________ Voice: (613) 545-2923
Engineering Applications Support                      Fax: (613) 548-8104

Kingston, Ontario, Canada _______________________________________________

1. Waveform Window

Dear all,
    I have a problem when viewing the result in waveform window, i think
there should be some smart methods. Hope anyone can help me, thanks!
    After a long time transient simulation, if i plot the waveform of
particular net, the waveform window would need much time to show such
waveform. Indeed, it is quite trouble and inconvenient.
    I want the waveform window only show particular period of the data, so
that the waiting time would be shorter. Could anyone solve this problem?

Yours,
Raymond

2. cannot compile Apache on HPUX 11 using gcc 2.95.3 and binutils 2.11

3. TCL synthesis script:set_clock -waveform { 0 $my_trail_time }

4. guitar synth and the pc

5. Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

6. MFC2.5->[ODBC(whereis?)]->Access2.0

7. problem with waveforms

8. Adding menus to Artist, waveform and Viruoso window with skill

9. printing analog artist waveforms to postscript?

10. Cheap (free?) waveform viewer (VCD format?)

11. Looking for a good VCD waveform display

12. Waveform viewing tools for Verilog