Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Hanwor » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Would anyone can help me to find CAD blocks and symbols....
I am in furniture business and tring to use Autocad. If anybody knows how to
find office and furniture blocks please let me know

Thanks..a lot!

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Lila » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Try
http://www.cadalog.com/
http://www.cadshack.com/

They have blocks as well as all sorts of other goodies!

--
***Please remove "XXX" from email address when responding directly***
---

>Would anyone can help me to find CAD blocks and symbols....
>I am in furniture business and tring to use Autocad. If anybody knows how
>find office and furniture blocks please let me know

>Thanks..a lot!

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Scott Smit » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi Hanworld
 I am in the commercial cabinet industry  got a big
library if your interested let me know and I'll send you
a sample.

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Dennis Shi » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Greetings

Quote:>Would anyone can help me to find CAD blocks and symbols....
>I am in furniture business and tring to use Autocad. If anybody knows how to
>find office and furniture blocks please let me know

A number of commercial/contract furniture mfrs offer libraries of their
lines of merchandise. Try contacting people like Steelcase, Herman Miller
and the like. I know Herman Miller used to have a *huge* library of their
stuff. For residential I would think that Lane, Henredon and the like would
be getting on the bandwagon as well.

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Gene » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Herman Miller has free CD's of their office furniture available.  I have the
R13/14 version, which is an ACAD plugin, but find its interface annoying for
occasional use.  They also have a simpler set of DXFs for R12 use, and I've
ordered one of those as well.

Gene

> A number of commercial/contract furniture mfrs offer libraries of their
> lines of merchandise. Try contacting people like Steelcase, Herman Miller
> and the like. I know Herman Miller used to have a *huge* library of their
> stuff. For residential I would think that Lane, Henredon and the like would
> be getting on the bandwagon as well.

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Hanwor » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Yes I am very interested in it so please send me.

Thanks.

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Nuno M C Filip » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

There's a British manufacturer of office furniture that has that kind of
blocks to download from their site. It is intended for the customers to be
able to plan their offices with their products. Don't now the address, found
on Yahoo under office furniture or supplies.

Nuno M C Filipe

Hanworld escreveu na mensagem

>Would anyone can help me to find CAD blocks and symbols....
>I am in furniture business and tring to use Autocad. If anybody knows how
>find office and furniture blocks please let me know

>Thanks..a lot!

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Hanwor » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for your help...
It helped me a lot..

Thanks again.

Help me to find out where i can find autocad blocks for office and furniture

Post by Goob » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:52:20 -0800, "Lila"

>Try
>http://www.cadalog.com/
>http://www.cadshack.com/

>They have blocks as well as all sorts of other goodies!

>--
>***Please remove "XXX" from email address when responding directly***
>---

>>Would anyone can help me to find CAD blocks and symbols....
>>I am in furniture business and tring to use Autocad. If anybody knows how
>>find office and furniture blocks please let me know

>>Thanks..a lot!

You can get blocks of system furniture (which might also be used as
free standing  furniture) from several different manufacturers - they
usually give away their libraries for free to Architects, Interior
Designers and Facilities Managers.  Occaionally they do charge for
them.

You can also get purchase block libraries from various vendors - I use
Ketiv's blocks in my drawings.  They can be purchased separately or
are included in their Archt architectural software.  (Similarily for
Softdesk, Eagle and other add on vendors)