Attaching text as tags to elements

Post by john do » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

hi,
I am looking for a ultility or a way to attach a text as tag to the element.
i know of a mdl that does it but we need to select the tag name from the
dialog box each time.
what i have is a excel file with x,y coordintes of begining and end of the
line or element along with the text for the line number.
i want to automate the whole process by using key-ins, macro or mdls. these
lines are Sanitary lines and i need to attach the line number, pipe size and
line length to the elemnts representing the sanitary system. eventaully this
will be imported to Arcview for a GIS sytem.
any help is appreciated
thanks
Ravi Macha
PS: can please reply to my email also, thanks

Attaching text as tags to elements

Post by Alexander Supertram » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Could you modify the "Text To Tag" mdl example?

>hi,
>I am looking for a ultility or a way to attach a text as tag to the
element.
>i know of a mdl that does it but we need to select the tag name from the
>dialog box each time.
>what i have is a excel file with x,y coordintes of begining and end of the
>line or element along with the text for the line number.
>i want to automate the whole process by using key-ins, macro or mdls. these
>lines are Sanitary lines and i need to attach the line number, pipe size
and
>line length to the elemnts representing the sanitary system. eventaully
this
>will be imported to Arcview for a GIS sytem.
>any help is appreciated
>thanks
>Ravi Macha
>PS: can please reply to my email also, thanks

1. Help! Attaching text as tags to elements,

hi,
I am looking for a ultility or a way to attach a text as tag to the element.
i know of a mdl that does it but we need to select the tag name from the
dialog box each time.
what i have is a excel file with x,y coordintes of begining and end of the
line or element along with the text for the line number.
i want to automate the whole process by using key-ins, macro or mdls. these
lines are Sanitary lines and i need to attach the line number, pipe size and
line length to the elemnts representing the sanitary system. eventaully this
will be imported to Arcview for a GIS sytem.
any help is appreciated
thanks
Ravi Macha
PS: can please reply to my email also, thanks

2. Modem Communications via Intelligent Multiports

3. Macro to attach a tag to an element

4. CWinApp::OnIdle(), CToolBar WM_IDLEUPDATECMDUI

5. Attaching tags to elements

6. read password protected XML file

7. Attaching tags to complex element

8. load image by drop it

9. Attach Tag to DGN-element (in MS BASIC)

10. Attaching Tags to elements

11. tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

12. Tagging an element more than once with the same tag set.