Converting a plot file(.plt) to a design file(.dgn)? Help!

Converting a plot file(.plt) to a design file(.dgn)? Help!

Post by RazorBac » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to do this? If so can it convert and seperate levels?

thanks

ratman

Converting a plot file(.plt) to a design file(.dgn)? Help!

Post by Allan Seide » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If the file is an HPGL file without any compressed format commands (You
can determine this by opening the file with a word processor and
checking to see if all of the file looks like text.) then you could try
the macro READHGL that reads most HPGL commands into a design file.
Level separation would be limited to pen colors in the plot file and you
could modify the macro to that or use the selectby tool.

Use the READHGL macro as a last resort.  It was created more as a
novelty than as a tool, but it works and sometimes that is good enough.
Keep in mind that plot files are not the same as design files.  For
example, text is often  comprised of primitive elements and weighted
lines may be a series of parallel lines.  I can send it if you want.

AKS

> Is there a way to do this? If so can it convert and seperate levels?

> thanks

> ratman

Converting a plot file(.plt) to a design file(.dgn)? Help!

Post by James Weisgra » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a way to do this? If so can it convert and seperate levels?

>thanks

>ratman

As I recall the Hijaack tool could take HPGL plot output and convert
it to DXF. I don't know whether it is still commrecially available or
not.

Converting a plot file(.plt) to a design file(.dgn)? Help!

Post by Jeff Spar » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

http://www.acad.co.uk/freesoft/utilconv.htm

This link should take you to a site which has free software programs to
Convert HPGL(2) to DXF,DXB,DKB (hp2desgn.zip)
--
Regards Jeff Spark
Beveridge Williams & Co

> >Is there a way to do this? If so can it convert and seperate levels?

> >thanks

> >ratman

> As I recall the Hijaack tool could take HPGL plot output and convert
> it to DXF. I don't know whether it is still commrecially available or
> not.

1. CONVERTING .PLT FILES TO .DWG FILES

Hi,
sorry I did not manage to answer more promptly. I have put the source
of my ads application pltin on ftp.synapse.net under the name of adspltin.c
This is an adaptation of HPGL2SCR by William D. Palmer to run within
autocad and importing HPGL/1 data directly into the drawing. I also
made changes so that the up to 8 pens of the plot are converted to
seperate layers. Please note that pltin cannot import HPGL/2 files.
I hope it will soon be moved to /info/cad/autolisp (or maybe to a new
/info/cad/ads). Maybe someone can create binaries for DOS/WIN of it and
put them there too. If there is a demand for SGI/Sparc binaries, I should
be able to provide them.

hope this helps

2. Whose Behavior is Correct

3. I NEED HELP WITH ROBOCOP 3

4. IS IT POSSIBLE TO CONVERT.PLT FILE BACK TO .DWG FILE?

5. Saving/Restoring state in GNU Emacs 18.55

6. Sw to Convert File.Plt (Hpgl2) -->File.Dwg

7. ANTIALIASED_QUALITY -- Know anything about this?

8. Convert File.Plt (Hpgl2) -->File.Dwg , How to ?

9. How can I convert a .dgn file to a .dwg file ??

10. convert a jpeg file into a dgn file

11. Convert MICROSTATION file (DGN) to AUTOCAD 2000 file (DWG)

12. Converting DGN files to DWG files