Version 17.0 anyone using it yet?

Post by Andy Richm » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
We're currently using release 16.0 cut 9620. And have just taken
delivery of version 17.0. Has anyone else started using this version
yet? How does it compare with the latest 16.0.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Richman
Deputy IT Manager.

Post by Doug Jone » Thu, 08 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,
> We're currently using release 16.0 cut 9620. And have just taken
> delivery of version 17.0. Has anyone else started using this version
> yet? How does it compare with the latest 16.0.

> Thanks in advance.

> Andy Richman
> Deputy IT Manager.

Hi Andy, we just got ours today.
Plan on installing it tomorrow, on one seat first.

We have a client that is already using it..so far so good.
Dont forget to backup you Config.pro and Def_menu.pro
first. Read all the config options in fundamentals.
They added a bunch of new stuff..

Pretty book covers...Hunh.....

PS we are out in California.

Post by Liam McGuinnes » Fri, 09 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,
>We're currently using release 16.0 cut 9620. And have just taken
>delivery of version 17.0. Has anyone else started using this version
>yet? How does it compare with the latest 16.0.

>Thanks in advance.

>Andy Richman
>Deputy IT Manager.

Yes indeed,
I have discovered a few bugs but none that are too bad. When I spin I
get a spaghetti appearance from the lower left corner, and
pro/photorender is crapp. There is nothing new that I'd miss to be
perfectly honest, it's worth waiting for a newer bug-free cut in my
opinion.

Liam McGuinness

Version 17.0 anyone using it yet?

Post by Tim Coop » Tue, 13 Aug 1996 04:00:00

We loaded Pro/E with the expressed intereset in Photorender, and was
sorely disapointed.  It seems slow and cumbersom, and with its
limited access, it Bombed Pro/E when trying to access other graphics.
 Other than that there are some new tools that are fun to play with,
but nouthing earth shatering.

Tim Cooper
ABB Vetco Gray, Inc.