User customization of Waveform Window

Post by Norman Dode » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:46:35

Hy,

Is there a possibility to customize the default for the Waveform window
(like setting the grid etc.) via .cdsenv file?
Has anybody a documentation about the possible enviroment variables?

  Thanks

Norman

User customization of Waveform Window

Post by Bernd Fische » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 19:33:32

Norman,

I don't know if there are any env vars for the Artist Waveform window,
but a good way in general to find out if specific settings are related to
env vars is
1. save a cdsenv file with the defaults settings e.g. cdsenv1
2. make your modification to the default settings over menus or in a other way
3. save again a cdsenv file with the modified settings e.g. cdsenv2
4. use the UNIX diff command on this two files > diff cdsenv1 cdsenv2

If the modification is related to an env var you will get it as return from
the diff command.
If you have the specific env var, create a .cdsenv in you home dir.
The advantage of this way is that you only have these vars in the .cdsenv
which you really need and not all these form tools you never use.

Regards Bernd

Post by Colin Marquard » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:04:40

> Is there a possibility to customize the default for the Waveform window
> (like setting the grid etc.) via .cdsenv file?
> Has anybody a documentation about the possible enviroment variables?

What waveform window? Signalscan, SimVision, or something else?

Cheers,
  Colin

User customization of Waveform Window

Post by Norman Dode » Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:45:18

the waveform window of Analog Artist (older than Opus4.4.6) /Affirma Analog
Circuit Design Enviroment (Opus 4.4.6)

Post by Svenn Are Bjerk » Sat, 03 Aug 2002 17:56:20

> Hy,

> Is there a possibility to customize the default for the Waveform window
> (like setting the grid etc.) via .cdsenv file?
> Has anybody a documentation about the possible enviroment variables?

A first hack to set the grid is to include the following in your
.cdsinit:
awvSetOptionValue( "displayGrids" t )

Some of the environment variables you can set are documented in the
skartist.pdf manual. (The original is in cdsdoc under Affirma Analog
Design Environment SKILL interface)

There is, at least for IC446, a lot of .cdsenv files in
/$CDS_INST_DIR/tools/dfII/etc/tools directory. In your case I would
check the asimenv/.cdsenv file for variables. (For plotting window it
is the asimenv.plotting variables that control the plotting) I didn't
find any displayGrids variable there, though, and it is registered so
that you can use setEnvVal( "asimenv.plotting" "displayGrids" 'boolean
t ) in your .cdsinit

Svenn

1. Edge2.1: How to convert voltage waveforms to logic waveforms?

I have an 8-by-10 digital multiplier which I'm simulating using Hspice.
(!).  The problem is that I cannot look at the "logical" bus outputs,
because they are of type VOLTS, and Edge's waveform display won't let
me group them as a bus.  Is there any way I can somehow specify ranges
for Voh and Vol and convert Hspice's voltage output to a LOGIC type?

--
David F. SKoll

2. consum my web services is responding the web service request with ADO recordset.

3. Waveform Window

4. Solution to using g++ 2.2 with vxWorks 4.0.2

5. Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

6. No UMB - how to get it back??

7. Adding menus to Artist, waveform and Viruoso window with skill

8. Problem - can not install HP 4100 C

9. Problems selecting curves in Waveform Window

10. eye plotting analog artist waveform window

11. Help Cadence 4.4 Analog Artist Waveform Window Expressions

12. h: waveform window remove crosshair marker A & B

13. waveform window questions...