VHDL semantics, is there a public domain vhdl parser, vhdl--verilog converter

VHDL semantics, is there a public domain vhdl parser, vhdl--verilog converter

Post by Sriram » Fri, 11 Feb 1994 05:35:31

Hi :

1. I am looking at some VHDL code that is synthesizable and accepted by Synopsis
synthesis. It has some outputs declared and initialized, as  in for eg.
out1 <= '0';   -- declared and initialized simulataneously
out2 <=1;
out3
.
.

case state IS
        WHEN IDLE => state <= busy;
                   out2 <= '0';
        WHEN BUSY => state <= idle;
                   out1 <= '1';

etc...

 Qa. If some output is not assigned to in the case state is statement does it take on its
     old value.
 Qb. Secondly does synopsis synthesis generate latches for these outputs?

The problem I am trying to solve is take a VHDL description of a design and translate it
to Verilog. In Verilog outputs are normally declared as wires.

Q2. Is there a public domain VHDL parser? Is there a public domain VHDL to Verilog converter?

I would appreciate any help/information. Please email your responses to:

Thanks,
Sriram

Post by Bert Molenka » Fri, 11 Feb 1994 20:18:04

> Q2. Is there a public domain VHDL parser? Is there a public domain VHDL to Verilog converter?

> I would appreciate any help/information. Please email your responses to:

> Thanks,
> Sriram

A VHDL grammar and frontend based on the compiler toolbox CCTB
of GMD of the University of Karlsruhe. Available at:
  ftp.cs.utwente.nl in 'pub/src/VHDL/Grammar' and 'pub/src/VHDL/FrontEnd'
Note that the status of both topics is quite different: the grammar
is a (more or less) finished product, the frontend certainly not.
A VHDL grammar based on lex and yacc, manually derived from the CCTB version
is available at
  ftp.cs.utwente.nl in '/pub/src/VHDL/Grammar' file vhdl-lexyacc.1.2.tar.Z

-----------------------------
Egbert Molenkamp
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Twente
PO Box 217
7500 AE  Enschede
the Netherlands

1. Importing VHDL with Vhdl tools

Hi,there:

   I am jackie. Now I've tried to import a simple vhdl text file
and synthesize that file. But, after a open the import box in
vhdl tool box and entering all default items( there is a default
button on the top of import box)There is some errors in analyzing
this file. The errors is as follows "The logical library STD is
not matched the design library?" Now I use ieee,std_logic_1164
as a library package in my vhdl files. But where can I set the
logical library and make it the same as design library? Please
answer my question. Thanks

2. Digiboard problem with R5 upgrade

3. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

4. Money Central Info not updating

5. VHDL Times Q1/96 Issue Available on VHDL International (VI) Home Page

6. Sharing Unigraphics 18.x via Netmeeting

7. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

8. Need a good IS-IS reference textbook

9. VHDL-93 & VHDL-87

10. COURSES: High Level Design Using VHDL, Advanced Techniques Using VHDL, Portland, OR

11. VHDL Mode for VI Editor? VHDL