Anyone having a problem with half the screen going black?

Anyone having a problem with half the screen going black?

Post by Dav » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I am running a Matrox Millenium 4MB card and I have been getting
inconsistent bugs on my viewer.

What is happening is that periodically when I have a part or assembly
displayed in 'shaded' format half of the screen will be black.
Sometimes its a left/right half and sometimes it is a top/bottom half.
I cannot get it to repeat itself consistently but it has been doing it
since the end of SW97 releases and continues to do so on SW97plus
releases.

When it does this, if I select a surface that continues to the
blackened section of the screen the lines from the edges will be
visible throughtout the entire screen.

I'm not sure this is a SW bug or a Matrox w/SW problem.  I have the
August drivers from Matrox.

The reply email address is not valid.
Use the one in the signature line if you wish to respond via email.

Anyone having a problem with half the screen going black?

Post by D. Shor » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have run into this also....
The way I fix it is to close the file down, maximize SolidWorks, and then
re-open the file.... no more black bottom and right edge.
To make sure this does not happen, I make sure that SolidWorks is
maximized when I first open it, then the anomally will not appear.

--

D. Short

Anyone having a problem with half the screen going black?

Post by Mark Ra » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am running a Matrox Millenium 4MB card and I have been getting
> inconsistent bugs on my viewer.

I am running one of our systems with the same card and have not seen
this.  Are you running Win95 or NT?  We are using NT SP3.

Mark

Anyone having a problem with half the screen going black?

Post by Dav » Fri, 10 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I am running one of our systems with the same card and have not seen
>this.  Are you running Win95 or NT?  We are using NT SP3.

>Mark

I'm running NT4.0 SP3.

ideas?