Attaching tags to elements

Post by nas » Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:18:18

I am in an attempt to attach tags to elements using an MDL.Can anyone
of you please send me a simple example that can help me go ahead with
it?

Thanks,
Regards,
Nash

Attaching tags to elements

Post by Pinoy Survey » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:52:52

> I am in an attempt to attach tags to elements using an MDL.Can anyone
> of you please send me a simple example that can help me go ahead with
> it?

> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Nash

Nash :

Good morning.
Try the MDL Tagger by Lilac Crest. It will attach text to lines,
polygons, cells...I think it is a company based in Australia.

It made one of our previous GIS project a lot simpler...

We had to attach vegetation codes to several thousand polygons
then...what we did was just to type a text code foreach vegetation
polygon and used this MDL...

When we imported the dgn to Arcview..there was column for each vege
text for each polygon..it was that simple...

I don't know their website but you can search it on Google.com

hth...

1. Attaching Tags to elements

Hi
I am trying to attach tag to line element. I have attached my piece of
code. The tagid gets associated to the element, but i am not able to
view the tag elm.
can any one pls help me..

ULong graphicPos;
MSElement graphicElm;

ULong tagId;
int status, vertex, view=0, status1;
MSElement tagElm, movedTagElm;
Dpoint3d textOrigin;
Dpoint3d diff, assocOrigin, pts[101];
TagSpec tagSpec;
UShort tagProps = 0;
TagDef *tagDef;

/*line element's filepos, vertex pts*/
graphicPos = mdlElement_getFilePos(FILEPOS_CURRENT, 0);
mdlElement_read(&graphicElm, 0, graphicPos);
mdlLinear_extract(pts, &vertex, &graphicElm, 0);

strcpy(tagSpec.set.setName, "setname");
strcpy(tagSpec.tagName, "tagname");
tagSpec.set.fileNo = MASTERFILE;

if (mdlAssoc_isTagged (&tagId, &graphicElm) != TRUE)
{
        /*tagid added to the line element*/
        status = mdlAssoc_tagElement (&tagId, graphicPos, MASTERFILE);
        if (status == SUCCESS)
        {
        if(mdlTag_getTagDef(&tagDef, tagSpec.set.setName, tagSpec.tagName, 0,
0) == SUCCESS)
        {
                tagDef->value.val.stringVal = "test";

                status1 = mdlTag_create(&tagElm, NULL,
                &tagSpec, &tagProps, &(tagDef->value),
                &tagId, &pts[0], NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

                /* write the tag element to dgn */
                mdlElement_append(&tagElm);
        }
else
{
        mdlDialog_openAlert("Already tag attached");

mdlView_updateSingle(view);

mdlDialog_openAlert("attached");

   return(SUCCESS);

TIA
GeeLeo

2. Y2k Positions

3. Macro to attach a tag to an element

4. SBS Console

5. Attaching text as tags to elements

6. virtual address and 8.8.5

7. Help! Attaching text as tags to elements,

8. mh on irix 4.0.5

9. Attaching tags to complex element

10. Attach Tag to DGN-element (in MS BASIC)

11. tags / how can you attach a tag to a cell so

12. Tagging an element more than once with the same tag set.