Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Gregory For » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

How do you plot multiple scale drawings on one sheet?  All drawings are in
1:1 scale.  I want to plot an elevation in ?" scale with a section drawing
in 1-1/2" scale placed below that and a detail drawing in 3" scale placed
below that.  These need to be imported/blocked into my title sheet, which is
also drawn in 1:1 scale.  If you could post and email, it will be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you.

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Dave Jone » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

if you plot from Model Space use XRefs inserted at the proper scales. If you
plot from Paper Space use ViewPorts set to the varying scales. Need more
info? Advise what version of Acad you're using...

Dave

> How do you plot multiple scale drawings on one sheet?  All drawings are in
> 1:1 scale.  I want to plot an elevation in ?" scale with a section drawing
> in 1-1/2" scale placed below that and a detail drawing in 3" scale placed
> below that.  These need to be imported/blocked into my title sheet, which
is
> also drawn in 1:1 scale.  If you could post and email, it will be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you.

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Yair Assaf-Shapir » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

you have two options:
1. calculate the scale you have to enlarge/reduce the size of the drawings (we
use metric so i dont know how to do that), scale them, but explode the
dimensions first. then insert them into one (preferably new) drawing.

2. use paper space:
-start a new drawing. insert all the sections, elevations, details etc. into it,
and make them not too close together
- go to paper space (under view)
-draw a rectangle representing the paper, and make it the paper size (mm or ")
-create a new layer ("vports" for ex.) and make it current.
-use the command "mview" to create viewports.
-all the layout: headings, frames, etc. should be also done in paper space
-go to model space (type "ms" [enter])
-by clicking in the viewports you move the focus. use "zoom" with the option
"xp" ("zoom" [enter] "0.5xp" [enter]) to control the scale, and "pan" to place
the right part in the viewport

hope it helps
yair

> How do you plot multiple scale drawings on one sheet?  All drawings are in
> 1:1 scale.  I want to plot an elevation in ?" scale with a section drawing
> in 1-1/2" scale placed below that and a detail drawing in 3" scale placed
> below that.  These need to be imported/blocked into my title sheet, which is
> also drawn in 1:1 scale.  If you could post and email, it will be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you.

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Yair Assaf-Shapir » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

you have two options:
1. calculate the scale you have to enlarge/reduce the size of the drawings (we
use metric so i dont know how to do that), scale them, but explode the
dimensions first. then insert them into one (preferably new) drawing.

2. use paper space:
-start a new drawing. insert all the sections, elevations, details etc. into it,
and make them not too close together
- go to paper space (under view)
-draw a rectangle representing the paper, and make it the paper size (mm or ")
-create a new layer ("vports" for ex.) and make it current.
-use the command "mview" to create viewports.
-all the layout: headings, frames, etc. should be also done in paper space
-go to model space (type "ms" [enter])
-by clicking in the viewports you move the focus. use "zoom" with the option
"xp" ("zoom" [enter] "0.5xp" [enter]) to control the scale, and "pan" to place
the right part in the viewport

hope it helps
yair

> How do you plot multiple scale drawings on one sheet?  All drawings are in
> 1:1 scale.  I want to plot an elevation in ?" scale with a section drawing
> in 1-1/2" scale placed below that and a detail drawing in 3" scale placed
> below that.  These need to be imported/blocked into my title sheet, which is
> also drawn in 1:1 scale.  If you could post and email, it will be greatly
> appreciated.  Thank you.

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Eugene N. Kilme » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Gregory,

To plot different views with different scales, you only need to create
viewports with different zoom factors.  Your title block needs to be in
paperspace.  Let me know if you would like detailed information about this.

--
Eugene N. Kilmer
Owner/Mag Drafting

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Dave Jone » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

(snip)but explode the dimensions first

ICK! not the right answer!!

Dave

Plotting Multiple Scales in Drawing

Post by Dennis Shi » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000 17:10:35 -0700, "Gregory Fort"

>How do you plot multiple scale drawings on one sheet?

Gregory -

It appears (perhaps) you're not using paperspace???? If not, reasd up
on it a tad and I think you'll find it fairly simple once you get the
hang of it. My approach, which is only one of many, is to create an
actual size titleblock and border "sheet" in paperspace, that is for a
D size architectural sheet it's actually 36x24. Then create paperspace
mviews within the boudaries of the hard clip limits of the overall
border, these latter being roughly 1/2" within the limits of the paper
edge on my plotter.

Within these paperspace mviews, also refered to as floating viewports,
you can issue the zoom command and respond with 1/nXP where "n" is the
scaling factor you wish to use in the viewport. Meaning that for a
1/4"=1'-0" plot you would enter 1/48xp, and so forth.

You can create as many floating viewports as you like within the
border of your drawing sheet, you can create more than one drawing
sheet in paperspace and have yet more floating viewports on them as
well. At a point, depending on the amount of resources you have
available on your system and the setting of the system variable
MAXACTVP, new or existing viewports may not display their contents.
Use the mview command to "turn off" viewports that aren't being
plotted or need to be displayed if/when that occurs.

1. Multiple scaled drawing (Need Help)

I am trying to reference a drawings into another drawing at different
scales. For example. The base drawing is 1"=20'. The other drawing is
at an exagerated scale of Horizontal = 1"=10 and Vertical = 1"=50'. For
some reason I cant get the base drawing to plot with the reference file
of the exagerated scale plotting to scale. I cant get the reference
file to even attach to scale. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Arnold

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. URGENT, please help. No operating system found

3. How to draw multiple scale details on one sheet?

4. Two outwards connections

5. Plotting multiple drawings from Acad 12 Dos

6. AMIGA TRANSACTOR?

7. Plotting out Multiple drawings using HP650C

8. selective delete from server in Pegasus Mail

9. I need to be able to select multiple drawings for plotting unattended???

10. Easy question...How to plot/print drawing in black and white (no grey scale)?

11. Plotting drawings to scale

12. OCEANScript problem plotting multiple db-axis plots

13. Plot scale at plot time