Waveform Window

Post by Raymon » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 22:12:57

Dear all,
    I have a problem when viewing the result in waveform window, i think
there should be some smart methods. Hope anyone can help me, thanks!
    After a long time transient simulation, if i plot the waveform of
particular net, the waveform window would need much time to show such
waveform. Indeed, it is quite trouble and inconvenient.
    I want the waveform window only show particular period of the data, so
that the waiting time would be shorter. Could anyone solve this problem?

Yours,
Raymond

Waveform Window

Post by Bernd Fische » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:05:02

Hi,

What about reducing the output file size of your results.
Do not save all nodes, save only the nodes from which you want to
view the results of.
You can also use 'skipcount' or 'strobing' to reduce your output
file size.
Refer to the docs for detailed information.

A smaller results file will make the display process of the result in
the wavefrom viewer faster.

Bernd

> Dear all,
>     I have a problem when viewing the result in waveform window, i think
> there should be some smart methods. Hope anyone can help me, thanks!
>     After a long time transient simulation, if i plot the waveform of
> particular net, the waveform window would need much time to show such
> waveform. Indeed, it is quite trouble and inconvenient.
>     I want the waveform window only show particular period of the data, so
> that the waiting time would be shorter. Could anyone solve this problem?

> Yours,
> Raymond

Waveform Window

Post by Erik Wan » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:24:27

Raymond:
You can use the clip function in the calculator to plot a portion of the waveform.
---
Erik

> Dear all,
>     I have a problem when viewing the result in waveform window, i think
> there should be some smart methods. Hope anyone can help me, thanks!
>     After a long time transient simulation, if i plot the waveform of
> particular net, the waveform window would need much time to show such
> waveform. Indeed, it is quite trouble and inconvenient.
>     I want the waveform window only show particular period of the data, so
> that the waiting time would be shorter. Could anyone solve this problem?

> Yours,
> Raymond

Waveform Window

Post by selvakumar.. » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:59:42

hai raymond,

u do one thing select the particular node only, ( in analog
environment window output->to be saved->select on schematic) which u
like to see the output and then do  the simulation

selvakumar

> Raymond:
> You can use the clip function in the calculator to plot a portion of the waveform.
> ---
> Erik

> > Dear all,
> >     I have a problem when viewing the result in waveform window, i think
> > there should be some smart methods. Hope anyone can help me, thanks!
> >     After a long time transient simulation, if i plot the waveform of
> > particular net, the waveform window would need much time to show such
> > waveform. Indeed, it is quite trouble and inconvenient.
> >     I want the waveform window only show particular period of the data, so
> > that the waiting time would be shorter. Could anyone solve this problem?

> > Yours,
> > Raymond

1. Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

Just a few little niggles which i have been meaning to clear up at some
point...

- i can use the cursors A and B by pressing 'a' and 'b' bindkeys but I have
not figured out how to get rid of them once i take the measurement.

- if I open a layout the LSW window opens but it never closes when i try and
close it, it just stays there and i cannot figure out a way to close it

- I work in current mode and every time i use analog artist I have to go to
outputs save all then select terminal currents. How can i set this one time
only in my .cdsinit_personal file? Also I always go to results plotting
options and check overlay plots and plot after each selection - i would love
to add this as defualt in my .cdsinit_personal file too but am not sure how.

Many thanks for the help.

Reuben

2. vb.net /asp.net 2.0 duble click issue with button and provided code also

3. Problems selecting curves in Waveform Window

4. USB External Drive - Mapping to E:

5. eye plotting analog artist waveform window

6. Who to design Filterbanks for Speakerrecognition

7. Help Cadence 4.4 Analog Artist Waveform Window Expressions

8. PDF to Word

9. User customization of Waveform Window

10. h: waveform window remove crosshair marker A & B

11. waveform window questions...

12. Edge2.1: How to convert voltage waveforms to logic waveforms?

13. Adding menus to Artist, waveform and Viruoso window with skill