ModelServerPublisher - trouble update

Post by Mark Kadel » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello to all,

Some time ago, I experienced intergalactic travel when
evaluating some sites featuring MSP java applet.

This is what I found thus far:
Some mouse drivers (Logitech) designed for wheel equipped
mice cause severe memory conflicts with Communicator 4.5
AND MS/J.

We've tested three Wintel NT 4 (sp3) machines on which
the above problems were reproducible. Conflicts exist
with ALL versions of mice featuring the Wheel.

Communicator: will crush when hosting some java applets
(MSP viewer applet crushes, ArNoNa viewer applet works,
some web sites with java crush).

Communicator: will crush when attempting to download a
MS cell or dgn file while MS/J is running.

MS/J and/or Modeler: may crush randomly

MS/J Modeler: modeler.exe, MSVC++ Library runtime
error ###, pure virtual call (works after reinstallation
so, I don't really know which planet this one comes from)

--
(the X kindly remove whereby return message is directed
 to the address herein and said message is free from

Mark Kadela
DigiGraph Technical Graphics Inc.
http://www.dgraph.com/

ModelServerPublisher - trouble update

Post by Bentl » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Mark

Thanks for you investigation. This reminds me of an NT SP3 bug, which
although reported as an IE302 bug by Microsoft, also affects IE40 and
Communicator. It may even be related to what you are experiencing.

Microsoft's description:

"Internet Explorer version 3.02 may hang when connecting to a Web link
that contains a Java application after you have installed Windows NT
version 4.0
Service Pack 3. The application will stop responding only if the Display
Properties Color Palette is set to True Color."

This is a little bit misleading; it does not affect all true color
displays, only some of them, including some of the Intergraph GLZ
graphics cards...

Microsoft's fix (which I have used on my IBM IntelliStation and had no
subsequent problems) can be found at:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/NT40/hotf...
(readme)

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/NT40/hotf...
(IntelNT fix)

Regards

Wayne Fisher

Product Manager
ModelServer Publisher

> Hello to all,

> Some time ago, I experienced intergalactic travel when
> evaluating some sites featuring MSP java applet.

> This is what I found thus far:
> Some mouse drivers (Logitech) designed for wheel equipped
> mice cause severe memory conflicts with Communicator 4.5
> AND MS/J.

> We've tested three Wintel NT 4 (sp3) machines on which
> the above problems were reproducible. Conflicts exist
> with ALL versions of mice featuring the Wheel.

> Communicator: will crush when hosting some java applets
> (MSP viewer applet crushes, ArNoNa viewer applet works,
> some web sites with java crush).

> Communicator: will crush when attempting to download a
> MS cell or dgn file while MS/J is running.

> MS/J and/or Modeler: may crush randomly

> MS/J Modeler: modeler.exe, MSVC++ Library runtime
> error ###, pure virtual call (works after reinstallation
> so, I don't really know which planet this one comes from)

> --
> (the X kindly remove whereby return message is directed
>  to the address herein and said message is free from
>  contemptible marketing contaminants thereafter:)

> Mark Kadela
> DigiGraph Technical Graphics Inc.
> http://www.dgraph.com/

ModelServerPublisher - trouble update

Post by Mark Kadel » Fri, 05 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks:)

> Mark

> Thanks for you investigation. This reminds me of an NT SP3 bug, which
> although reported as an IE302 bug by Microsoft, also affects IE40 and
> Communicator. It may even be related to what you are experiencing.

> Microsoft's description:

> "Internet Explorer version 3.02 may hang when connecting to a Web link
> that contains a Java application after you have installed Windows NT
> version 4.0
> Service Pack 3. The application will stop responding only if the Display
> Properties Color Palette is set to True Color."

> This is a little bit misleading; it does not affect all true color
> displays, only some of them, including some of the Intergraph GLZ
> graphics cards...

> Microsoft's fix (which I have used on my IBM IntelliStation and had no
> subsequent problems) can be found at:

> ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/NT40/hotf...
> (readme)

> ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-public/fixes/usa/NT40/hotf...
> (IntelNT fix)

> Regards

> Wayne Fisher

> Product Manager
> ModelServer Publisher

(the X kindly remove whereby return message is directed
 to the address herein and said message is free from
 contemptible marketing contaminants thereafter:)

Mark Kadela
DigiGraph Technical Graphics Inc.
http://www.dgraph.com/

1. ModelServerPublisher

Wayne,

The applet was an ArNoNa CADviewer for AutoCAD drawings with a
free light version (if this helps you :-)

Sincerely,

--
In case you experience trouble replying to my message, you

(the X kindly remove)

Mark Kadela
DigiGraph Technical Graphics Inc.
http://www.dgraph.com

2. Problems with OS/2 perl

3. ModelServerPublisher - any experiences?

4. jkjkkj

5. Question about modelServerPublisher and is viewer applet ...

6. second hand

7. - TROUBLE.DGN (1/1) trouble with dimensionning

8. FS - VARIOUS AMIGA HARDWARE, REV. 6.0

9. - TROUBLE.DGN (0/1) trouble with dimensionning

10. Does UPDATE really update every change for dim variables?

11. Intralink - To update or not to update

12. FONT TROUBLE

13. instalation autocad v.9 (dos) trouble!