Can you specify an arc by its length and not by radius?

Can you specify an arc by its length and not by radius?

Post by Ben Eadi » Sat, 25 May 2002 06:14:41

I need to make an arc between two points and need it to be a specific length
I am not concerned about its radius... Any thoughts?

Ben

Can you specify an arc by its length and not by radius?

Post by Art Woodbur » Sat, 25 May 2002 06:24:29

Quote:> I need to make an arc between two points and need it to be a
specific length
> I am not concerned about its radius... Any thoughts?

> Ben

Create two points and fully constrain or fix them. Draw a three point
arc whose ends are coincident with the points. Apply an arc length
dimension (left click the arc, then both end points). Adjust the
dimension to the desired value.

Art Woodbury

Can you specify an arc by its length and not by radius?

Post by matt » Sat, 25 May 2002 06:34:34

If you click the two endpoints and the arc itself, you will get an
arclength dim.

matt.

> I need to make an arc between two points and need it to be a specific length
> I am not concerned about its radius... Any thoughts?

> Ben

Can you specify an arc by its length and not by radius?

Post by Steve Rauenbuehle » Sat, 25 May 2002 06:23:36

Sure, if the endpoints are constrained.

Click the Dimension Tool, click the arc, click one end, click the other
end...edit dimension as req'd.
--
Steve R

1. need help on Making Arcs of specified length and radius...NEEEED HEEELP - 1 attachment

make a circle of the desired radius, and use the desired length (L) to get
the included angle of the arc -
the included angle is A = 360x(L/(2(pi)r ))  ( I don't have a symbol for pi
on this computer).  You can either draw an arc with the given included
angle, or draw a radius of the circle, rotate it through the angle A and
trim the circle.
HeatherG

2. Foreign languages

3. Different FFT-results on vector and array?!

4. revolved base for specified arc length?

5. Massive Probes from Korea

6. arc length,arc angle,degree of arc

7. Synchronous on 68302

8. Arc length dimensions between holes located on an arc

9. Help with Arc Length and Chord Length Dimensions

10. modify arc length to certain length

11. Specifying spline lengths

12. Dimension of arc length