cadence 4.4 for sun solaris

Post by jack_1.. » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi,

In my sun solaris 2.6 box that i just got, there are cadence
directories. But i do not see any sign of installation. I mean, i do not
see the "layoutPlus" option in programs to launch it.  How can i start
on cleaningup/restarting/starting/finishing the installtion of 4.4 on
this sun solaris 2.6 system?. where should i start from?.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

cadence 4.4 for sun solaris

Post by David T. Witkowsk » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> hi,

> In my sun solaris 2.6 box that i just got, there are cadence
> directories. But i do not see any sign of installation. I mean, i do not
> see the "layoutPlus" option in programs to launch it.  How can i start
> on cleaningup/restarting/starting/finishing the installtion of 4.4 on
> this sun solaris 2.6 system?. where should i start from?.

Did you try typing "layoutplus" on the unix command-line?

...dtw

1. Cadence 4.4, NFS 2.0, File Locking

Errm, but John, the original poster said:

And CLS requires full lockd/statd locking on the NFS server, for
creating the lock-stake files.

I'm fairly Linux-ignorant at the moment and don't know if Thomas
is correct about his NFS server's locking capabilities.  But
if he is, CLS wouldn't work for him.

---------

We have been using Cadence 4.3.4, using Linux as a file server with a cdsd
proxy to a Sun machine. This has worked great, until now when we try to use
Cadence 4.4.3, this system no longer works. I do believe as Mr. Lessert has
suggested, that lockd/statd locking on NFS is necessary. Our temporary
solution is to mount a disk from a Sun machine, with NFS 3.0 (file locking),
and
store our libraries on there.

Thanks,
Thomas Krawczyk

2. transactions and concurrent put

3. Where can I find Emacs for ms-dos binaries?

4. Cadence 4.4.x and TDM

5. Virtual 8086 Mode

6. Q: ClearCase as DM tool for Cadence Opus 4.4?

7. Strange problem...

8. Help Cadence 4.4 Analog Artist Waveform Window Expressions

9. Cadence 4.4.x and TDM

10. AutoCAD on Sun Solaris

11. FS: Set of manuals for R12 - Sun Solaris Sparcstation

12. ACAD R13 IGES PROCESSOR FOR SUN SOLARIS 2.x