DXBIN - different layers?

Post by Christoph Zechn » Sat, 26 Aug 1995 04:00:00

For editing perspective views in ACAD 12 DOS, I plot them into a DXB-File. I
have configured the DXB-plotter to use different pens for different colors. But
when I import the DXB File by DXBIN command, all the data is put on the current
layer. Is there a way to obtain the layer-structur?

Thank you for your replies, Christoph.

DXBIN - different layers?

Post by Joey Lesl » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>For editing perspective views in ACAD 12 DOS, I plot them into a DXB-File. I
>have configured the DXB-plotter to use different pens for different colors. But
>when I import the DXB File by DXBIN command, all the data is put on the current
>layer. Is there a way to obtain the layer-structur?

>Thank you for your replies, Christoph.

When you import the drawing be in "A NEW DRAWING", with nothing in it.
You may even need dump all of your lsp routines.  If you ever get the
message "Only entities section will be input".  Then entities won't come
in on the right layer.  If you get this message get in a new drawing and
try again.

Another important point is writing the block.  Don't pick what you want
in the file.  You have to write the whole thing to a block.  First type:
DXFOUT, Then type: BINARY.  DON'T TYPE IN E FOR ENTITIES SELECTION.

I hope this helps.

Joey

1. How do I link objects from different layers?

Hello there:

I have a little big problem. And perhaps a little help will give me a
big boost. As a Land Surveyor I survey buildings and collect clouds
with hundreds of points in 3D. Then, back in the office I process
those into ACAD14 and flatten whatever data I have and start drawing
building elevations from there. The problem is that I have to take too
many points to close one to each other in order to detail the many
turns buildings some times have. When I import my DXF and bring those
up to the screen I end up with a bunch of messy numbers. The DXF
defaults the distance from the point node to the text insert, and also
does so with the point number (layer 0), elevation (layer 1) and
relevant information (layer 2). In order to see what I am dealing with
I turn off layers 1 and 2 and deal solely with layer 0, but even
though and due to the proximity between the points I have to manually
move the numbers and "pull them apart", just to see where my lines
have to be drawn through. Due to the fact the nodes aren't linked to
the points designation I am acting in a near blind scenario some times
because once I move them I do not know which point number corresponds
to which node. The task is really time consuming and very stressful.
Question: Is there any routine, program or whatever that will let me
keep the nodes, point number and elevation linked so I can move them
around and never loose track?. I wonder of something that will enable
me to pick either the node, point number, elevation, etc and will
highlight all of them at once, so I can decide where my lines have to
be placed.
Any suggestions, help or advices, greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much for reading and for your help.
Have a great day.
HUGO Mendez

2. NCD XRemote X Terminals

3. Coinciding lines on different layers

4. BIND, firewalls, and misc DNS request

5. Splitting objects to different Layers

6. HandWeb advice needed...

7. HELP: ACLT95 copying objects to a different layer

8. My Percom Disk Drive Troubles [Info-Atari8 Digest V87 #114, etc.]

9. ARX: How do I insert a block with ARX on a different layer?

10. Need method and/or AutoLISP routine for sorting linetypes to different layers

11. Need skill code to merge different layers fromseparate layout libraries into one

12. dxf layer info to 2 different levels?