AutoCAD, WIn NT, DesignJet 650C & TCP/IP

Post by D. Brow » Tue, 11 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> We have a Win NT environment (server and workstations), AutoCAD 13 on all
> machines, a plotter DesignJet 650C with a network board (its own TCP/IP). We
> cannot figure out how to plot from AutoCAD to it. Before we had a terminal
> server and we printed via LAT (into an OpenVMS environment), by defining a
> certain port (like lpt2: \\server\queue_name). Now, after switching to NT
> server and TCP/IP everywhere, how do we do it? Anybody has any idea, or, even
> better, a brief description on how to set-up the machines? We tried the system
> printer on the NT workstations for the AutoCAD configuration, but we couldn't
> find a way to tell the system (Win NT, that is) about the plotter.
> TIA,
> Camelia

I've got a similar setup NT 3.51 w/SP4, ACAD13 c4, a 650c on a Jet Direct, all on Netware 3.12.  The trick I
found is to do a NET USE at the NT command line:  NET USE LPT2: \\server\queue_name.  Then set up AutoCAD to
plot to a file.  The file should be named as follows: LPTx.DOS where "x" is the port #.  After that, you should
have no problems.  You also shouldn't need print manager. Of course, I NEVER use print manager so I'm kinda
biased...

                                Good luck,

                                Darrin Brown
                                Advance Transformer Co.

Post by G Raje » Wed, 12 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>We have a Win NT environment (server and workstations), AutoCAD 13 on all
>machines, a plotter DesignJet 650C with a network board (its own TCP/IP). We
>cannot figure out how to plot from AutoCAD to it. Before we had a terminal
>server and we printed via LAT (into an OpenVMS environment), by defining a
>certain port (like lpt2: \\server\queue_name). Now, after switching to NT
>server and TCP/IP everywhere, how do we do it? Anybody has any idea, or, even
>better, a brief description on how to set-up the machines? We tried the system
>printer on the NT workstations for the AutoCAD configuration, but we couldn't
>find a way to tell the system (Win NT, that is) about the plotter.
>TIA,
>Camelia

Camelia,

Under WindowsNT you can print only using the System Printer or using the
AutoSpool feature. Autodesk has already documented the procedure for
printing under WindowsNT. You can download the doc. no. 759 from the
technical support section of the Autodesk web site

http://www.autodesk.com

I hope this will help you.

G.Rajesh
//Autodesk Product Support on the Internet//

Post by Rodney Kirsti » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Under WindowsNT you can print only using the System Printer or using the
>AutoSpool feature. Autodesk has already documented the procedure for
>printing under WindowsNT. You can download the doc. no. 759 from the
>technical support section of the Autodesk web site
>http://www.autodesk.com
>I hope this will help you.
>G.Rajesh
>//Autodesk Product Support on the Internet//

Why do you keep telling people this, IT IS NOT TRUE!  We have been
using the HP driver (not the system printer driver) and we do not use
autospool.  All you have to do is use "net use" to capture the
networked printer as LPTX (X= 1-4) and then print to the filename
C:\LPTX, with the X corresponding to the printer you've captured.  We
have been plotting this way for a year and a half now with no
problems.

Rodney Kirstine
Mechanical Engineer
Systems Integration, A Division of Micron Technology

1. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

        DDE to TCP/IP Real Time Data Pump

DDE2TCP, is a Real Time Data Pump used as a data bridge
between DDE applications and ANY host system using
TCP/IP (SUN,HP,IBM,Apple, etc).  DDE2TCP runs in the
background, totally transparent between server and target
system.

DDE2TCP is perfect for use with any MMI system such as FIX,
WONDERWARE,GENESIS,LabTech for real time update of SQL
databases residing on other hosts.  DDE2TCP comes with it's
own configurator for fast and effective setup.  DDE2TCP runs
on WINDOWS 3.1,3.11,95 and NT.  Site licenses,volume discounts
and modifications are available.  For more information on this
product or our other porducts and custom services contact:

                Marshall Rowe
                Custom Technology
                640 N. LaSalle Ste 284
                (312) 384-4104

        VISIT our WEB
        site    WWW.CUSTOM-TECH.COM

2. SetCursorPos() or SendInput(), which is more efficient?

3. Quake in Win 95 TCP/IP

4. Availability of HP-UX 11.11 (incl. Fibrechannel-Fabricsupport) ?

5. Autocad R12, DOS, tcp/ip

6. Procomm 2, Bookshelf 94 OS/2 Warp

7. AUTOCAD and TCP/IP

8. Summary of replies to previous post

9. AutoCAD 13, Win NT 3.5, DeskJet 650C problem

10. TCP/IP printing and AutoCAD HPGL2 ADI driver

11. Problem with NT 4.0 Designjet 650C driver

12. Help needed for HP Designjet 650C Plotter with NT 3.51.

13. ACADLT & HP DesignJet 650C on a Mac/PC cross-platform