pipes and axis

Post by ben hank » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

can anyone help me

I have produced a model with some internal pipe sections, which show as
solids on the model.

I have also made a layout drawing of the model, and this shows solid lines
for the outer of the pipes, plus an axis line through the centre.
The pipes were made within an assembly, as a modification to a part, and
drawn as splines.

Is there anyway to turn the axis lines off, as they look a bit of a mess,
and the pipes are only really there as a representation.

thanks

pipes and axis

Post by Scott Le » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Sorry, I am a little confused when you say "drawing of a layout" and "pipes
drawn as splines"; to me, a layout is a top-level construct that drives an
assembly or part, and a pipe is a cylindrical feature (feature|create|pipe)
generated between datum points, so "pipes driven by splines" are also
confusing.  As you mention a layout/drawing of a part, and then mention the
pipes are assembly features, I am now totally confused....
Maybe you could re-state the question, but I will try to answer it as best I
can from what I gather is the problem.
Standard method (for me, anyway) of putting pipes in an assembly is to
component|create in assembly mode, create the first feature as a datum point
that is a child of whatever is being connected by the pipe, then doing a
component| modify|feature|create|datum points and create the rest of the datum
points that define the pipe.  I follow that (still in component| modify so the
pipe is a a part feature and not an assembly feature) with creation of the
pipe between the datum points.  The pipe will thus change to follow changes in
the assembly or motion of the components being interconnected by the pipe; the
points that define the start, end and possibly some intermediate locations are
assembly children without being assembly features.
A center line will be shown for the pipe, but I simply turn off the config
option that shows center lines if the CL is annoying..

    Scott Lee

> can anyone help me

> I have produced a model with some internal pipe sections, which show as
> solids on the model.

> I have also made a layout drawing of the model, and this shows solid lines
> for the outer of the pipes, plus an axis line through the centre.
> The pipes were made within an assembly, as a modification to a part, and
> drawn as splines.

> Is there anyway to turn the axis lines off, as they look a bit of a mess,
> and the pipes are only really there as a representation.

> thanks

pipes and axis

Post by Dave » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I ran across this too.  Even with the axis turned off and no axis shown for
some reason the axis of a pipe feature will always show on the drawing.
Here is what I did.  Create a layer on the drawing and place that FEATURE on
that layer and blank it.  Pro can't blank any solid geometry but any axis or
datums with the feature will blank.

Maybe there is a config that'll fix it but for the few times I've used pipe
features and had to creat a drawing of it this has worked.

>can anyone help me

>I have produced a model with some internal pipe sections, which show as
>solids on the model.

>I have also made a layout drawing of the model, and this shows solid lines
>for the outer of the pipes, plus an axis line through the centre.
>The pipes were made within an assembly, as a modification to a part, and
>drawn as splines.

>Is there anyway to turn the axis lines off, as they look a bit of a mess,
>and the pipes are only really there as a representation.

>thanks

1. Axis to axis mates are treated like planar mates.

Axis to axis mates are treated like planar mates.  A 0.0" mate does not look
like a collinear mate, but should.

Why is this?

An axis mated a distance from another axis should be radially located off
each other.  i.e. a distance of 0.0" should be like a collinear mate.  A
distance of 3.0" should maintain a 3.0" distance from each other as long as
the axis are parallel to each other.  They should be able to revolve around
each other (like planets) but maintain a constant distance.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Printing redux: displaying custom dialog box and handling messages

3. Axis to Axis

4. REQ: Dos (6.22) driver for Taiyo Yuden EW-50 CD-Writer

5. axis to axis

6. Small terminal or flatscreen terminal

7. PRO-PIPE?DRAW PIPE?

8. Make ports invisible on the internet, how to?

9. Pipe-Pak ANSI Double Line Piping program

10. Piping fitting libraries for the piping module

11. 5 axis Origami machine

12. scaling on X-axis only

13. Axes