Gpost in Pro-Manufacture

Post by Daniel T Mckee » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

We have upgraded to the gpost post processor system due to problems with
ncpost. Output from ProMan finally works with our HAAS VF0. One thing I
cannot do is cause the output of fixture offsets even though they worked
in the old ncpost system on the same files. I have used the edit system
of gpost to turn on the fixture offset output, or so I thought. Still no
G54 or G52 or anything. Help system has been less than useful, so I need
a pointer to the correct procedure to make it work. Any hints would be
most welcome.

Daniel T. McKeel              |   shall set you free!

My opinions are mine alone!   |   Parts is Parts
Your mileage may be different.|

Gpost in Pro-Manufacture

Post by Chinh Pha » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Daniel,

This is the SET section (fixture offset) of my FIL file, add it to your see
if it works.
It should output whatever value you specify in fix_offset_reg parameter.

$$
$$ *****************************************************
$$ *              S E T   S E C T I O N                *
$$ *****************************************************
$$
CIMFIL/ON,SET     $$ CAPTURE THE SET COMMANDS
    SETV=POSTF(7,4)   $$ GET THE 4TH CL WORD
    SETT=POSTF(6,4)   $$ GET THE 4TH CL WORD TYPE
    IF(SETT.EQ.0.AND.SETV.EQ.(ICODEF(OFSETL)))THEN
       OFSVAL=POSTF(7,5)  $$ GET THE OFFSET VALUE
       OFTYP=POSTF(6,5)   $$ GET THE WORD TYPE
       IF(OFTYP.EQ.1)THEN
          SELECT/OFSVAL   $$ OUTPUT THE OFFSET
       ELSE
          IF(OFSVAL.EQ.(ICODEF(OFF)))THEN
            SELECT/1   $$ OUTPUT THE CANCEL OFFSET
          ELSE
            DMY=POSTF(13)  $$ EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD
          ENDIF
       ENDIF
    ELSE
       DMY=POSTF(13)                  $$ EXECUTE THE CURRENT CL RECORD
    ENDIF
CIMFIL/OFF
$$
CIMFIL/ON,TLAXIS  $$ CONVERT TO GOTO/LAST(XYZ),NEW(TLAXIS)
  MLX=POSTF(1,1,1987)  $$ IF IN MULTAX MODE
  IF(MLX .EQ. 6) THEN
    CLX=POSTF(1,3,18)  $$ GET LAST CL(XYZ)
    CLY=POSTF(1,3,19)
    CLZ=POSTF(1,3,20)
    CLI=POSTF(7,4)  $$ GET NEW TLAXIS
    CLJ=POSTF(7,5)
    CLK=POSTF(7,6)
    GOTO/CLX,CLY,CLZ,CLI,CLJ,CLK
  ENDIF
CIMFIL/OFF

Good luck!

Chinh Pham

> Hello,

> We have upgraded to the gpost post processor system due to problems with
> ncpost. Output from ProMan finally works with our HAAS VF0. One thing I
> cannot do is cause the output of fixture offsets even though they worked
> in the old ncpost system on the same files. I have used the edit system
> of gpost to turn on the fixture offset output, or so I thought. Still no
> G54 or G52 or anything. Help system has been less than useful, so I need
> a pointer to the correct procedure to make it work. Any hints would be
> most welcome.

> Daniel T. McKeel              |   shall set you free!
> My opinions are mine alone!   |   Parts is Parts
> Your mileage may be different.|

1. Proe2000i manufacturing gpost

Any one out there know any PC base set up
running on Windows NT that can make the
gpost or ncpost calculation of tool path faster?

My company is using Dell precision 410
running on
Pentium II 400
256 ram
8M diamond graphic card

What type of upgrade or new set up that can
make the calculation of nc tool path faster.

Any help given will be much appreciated.
This waiting for the computer to finish calculating
of the cam tool path is wasting a lot of my computer
time.

Thank in advances.

2. SqlDateTime overflow

3. PRO-Manufacture

4. ftp daemon that can take one-time password?

5. Pro Sheetmetal Manufacturing....Pros/ Cons does it work?

6. Win2k AD and CiscoSecure ACS problem

7. Pro-manufacture

8. International characters in emacs

9. Book or tutorial of Pro/Mechanica or Pro/Manufacturing needed

10. Pro-Manufacture and v17 to v18?

11. NT4.0 Stability with Pro-manufacture

12. Pro-Manufacture..Comments

13. Pro/E & Pro/Manufacturing