Keyin for Fence

Post by mech.. » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

What I am trying to achieve is when I push the Place Fence Icon I want
the variables to be Fence type: Block & Fence mode: Inside.  Right now
I can set the Fence mode: Inside with "lock fence inside" but I am
unable to set the Fence type:.

To many times it was set to void and now I want to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Keyin for Fence

Post by Inga M » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

The keyins for the fences are:

For placing a fence:
PLACE FENCE
PLACE FENCE ACTIVE
PLACE FENCE ALLFILES
PLACE FENCE BLOCK
PLACE FENCE CIRCLE
PLACE FENCE DESIGN
PLACE FENCE ELEMENT
PLACE FENCE FROMSHAPE
PLACE FENCE ICON
PLACE FENCE SHAPE
PLACE FENCE UNIVERSE
PLACE FENCE VIEW

For setting the mode:
LOCK FENCE
LOCK FENCE CLIP
LOCK FENCE INSIDE
LOCK FENCE OVERLAP
LOCK FENCE VOID
LOCK FENCE VOID CLIP
LOCK FENCE VOID OUTSIDE
LOCK FENCE VOID OVERLAP

To issue both key-ins at once separate them with a ";"
Example: place fence block;lock fence inside

--
Inga Morozoff
www.workplacewisdom.com

> What I am trying to achieve is when I push the Place Fence Icon I want
> the variables to be Fence type: Block & Fence mode: Inside.

Keyin for Fence

Post by Phil Chouinard [Bentley » Thu, 24 Feb 2000 04:00:00

[Apologies in advance to anyone who is offended by talking about icons.]

There are a number of ways to do what it sounds like you want to
achieve. One is to use Customize (Workspace > Customize) and edit the
Key-in for the Place Fence icon in the Fence tool box from

  place fence icon

  place fence block;lock fence inside

This will change the behavior of the tool after you save the user
interface modification (in fact, it will change the Tool Settings, too).
If you wish to retain the same Tool Settings as with Place Fence, then
another option would be to record a MicroStation BASIC macro, make the
appropriate modifications to the Tool Settings, and then change the
place fence icon to *call* this macro. HTH

 ============== One of "The People Behind MicroStation" ==============
 Phil Chouinard - ITO                            Phone: (610) 458-5000
 Bentley Systems, Inc.                             Fax: (610) 458-1060
 685 Stockton Drive                            http://www.bentley.com/

 ================== Engineering the Future Together ==================

> What I am trying to achieve is when I push the Place Fence Icon I
> want the variables to be Fence type: Block & Fence mode: Inside.
> Right now I can set the Fence mode: Inside with "lock fence inside"
> but I am unable to set the Fence type:.

> To many times it was set to void and now I want to fix it.

1. Restricting Fence Depth for File Fence

Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict a fence operation to
only work on what is visible on the screen.  I am trying to File Fence
a 3D file (top view) that has several 3D reference files attached that
have been clip bound front and back.  When File fencing, the fence
appears to cut thru the clip settings and I see the whole depth of the
reference files that have been copied in.

Thanks,
        John Kilgore

2. Telecommunications - How Many Features ...

3. dgn header lost when using SF= (fence file) and SF=(fence separate) commands

4. printing formulas in Excel

5. NT and storing ClearText Password

6. mdl alternative for microstation keyin

7. Performance String Error Events

8. Trigger Keyins Command of application through Command Prompt

9. Keyins and Basic

10. keyin for plotting

11. How to execute another program from uStation keyin ?

12. "start ap" in Keyin