Microstation Cell Utility

Post by Jon Ottma » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to take cells
from one cell library and copy them to another. We are trying to use
cellutil.ma but it is not doing this task for some reason.

Microstation Cell Utility

Post by Jon Ottma » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I found out through the readme file that the jstation compiled version of
this shareware utility had commented out everything but the list and plot
functions of this mdl. Does anyone know why?

Quote:> Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to take cells

Post by watta_.. » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to take
cells
> from one cell library and copy them to another. We are trying to use
> cellutil.ma but it is not doing this task for some reason.

Jon,
Take a look at http://www.cadgurus.com/index.shtml
on their free page is a utility called  CELLCPY.MA. I
think it'll do exactly as you request

Doug

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Microstation Cell Utility

Post by Henk Ligtvoe » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi Jon,

Just a few thoughts:
Are you trying to copy a 3D cell into a 2D library?
Dimensions of the libraries must be the same (2D or 3D). If the destination
is 3D things should work fine.
Are you trying to copy a nested cell from one library to another?

Hope this helps

Regards,

Henk

Quote:> Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to take cells
> from one cell library and copy them to another. We are trying to use
> cellutil.ma but it is not doing this task for some reason.

Microstation Cell Utility

Post by Allan Seide » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I believe you can do it with EDG.  You may also not need to do it at all
if you set up a cell selector file.  I think the cell selector was
designed to allow one to use cells from many different cell libraries.
The full path name for the cell's library file is part of the cell's
description in the cell selector.  I think that was one of the rarely
mentioned reasons for using the cell selector.  You didn't have to worry
about having all the cells resident in one cell library.

AKS

Post by James Weisgra » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I found out through the readme file that the jstation compiled version of
>this shareware utility had commented out everything but the list and plot
>functions of this mdl. Does anyone know why?

>> Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to take cells
>> from one cell library and copy them to another. We are trying to use
>> cellutil.ma but it is not doing this task for some reason.

Cellutil as delivered had a bug that manifested itself in MicroStation
v5; if you used the copy option it would give you a corrupted cell
library.

My recollection is that someone posted a fix to this problem in this
newsgroup; probably in the range of 1 year ago or so.

I would suggest you try a Deja News search. If you can't find more

will try to follow up from there; I believe we implemented that fix
for our customized version of cellutil, but I am not sure. FYI, our
customized version was modified to plot/report the levels each cell
used, and also to plot the location of the origin of each cell.

Microstation Cell Utility

Post by Kspicer » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Also, have you tried compressing the library to which you copied cells?  this
will create a new index file which allows viewing the cells you just copied.

Regards,

Ken Spicer

Microstation Cell Utility

Post by k.. » Wed, 12 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> >I found out through the readme file that the jstation compiled
version of
> >this shareware utility had commented out everything but the list and
plot
> >functions of this mdl. Does anyone know why?

> >> Does anyone know of a cell utility (mdl) that will allow you to
take cells
> >> from one cell library and copy them to another. We are trying to
use
> >> cellutil.ma but it is not doing this task for some reason.

> Cellutil as delivered had a bug that manifested itself in MicroStation
> v5; if you used the copy option it would give you a corrupted cell
> library.

> My recollection is that someone posted a fix to this problem in this
> newsgroup; probably in the range of 1 year ago or so.

> I would suggest you try a Deja News search. If you can't find more

> will try to follow up from there; I believe we implemented that fix
> for our customized version of cellutil, but I am not sure. FYI, our
> customized version was modified to plot/report the levels each cell
> used, and also to plot the location of the origin of each cell.

Hi,
I'm the person who did the simple fix. If you still need it, drop me a
line.
--
Ken Wan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. cells: replace cells utility???

I know in microstation there exists a replace text tool. it ask what
text you want to replace and with what. then search dgn and replaces,
adds the text.

My question. I am not familiar with any mdl that does this for cells.

Occasionally I have wanted such a utility to replace cells. Usually when
deciding to change the type of entity being used, but not there
locations. (i.e. lighting, landscaping could be valuable many places.)

any information will be helpful.

thanks,
chad
--

Chad Berreau

2. Modal windows

3. text/cell rotation utility

4. Where are the Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers?

5. Replace cell Utility

6. Chinon CD-ROM, DOS BBS, OS2YOU

7. Cell library selection and placement utility

8. Software for Umax Page Office Monochrome sheet fed scanner

9. Cell counting utility

10. Utility for Cell Manipulation

11. Know a good Cell Library Utility?

12. Cell file Utility