Text underline utility/font

Post by Michael Overma » Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:37:52

Where can I get a font or utility that can change regular text to underlined
text.  I have a great deal of text that needs to be underlined and
reinputting text is not much of an option due to time.
Thank you,

Michael

Michael Overman
TDC - Group

Text underline utility/font

Post by dec3 » Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:07:59

I don't know if there is such a thing as a underlined text font, but the
following lisp routine underlines text quickly by adding "%%u" to the
beginning of each text string:

;***************************************************************************
***
;    UNDERSCORES TEXT
(defun C:US( / ent pr )
  (prompt "\nSelect text to underscore,")
  (ss-each nil 'ent '
    (cond
       ((setq pr (etype ent "text"))
        (entput ent 1 (strcat "%%u" (get 1 pr))))))
  (prin1))
(defun texht (lyr sty thr nsz / ent nnt)
 (prompt "\nScanning the entity database...")
 (setq ename (entnext))
  (while ename
   (setq ent (entget ename))
    (if
       (and
        (= (cdr(assoc 0 ent)) "TEXT")
        (if (= lyr "") T (=(cdr(assoc 8 ent)) lyr))
        (if (= sty "") T (=(cdr(assoc 7 ent)) sty))
        (if (null thr) T (=(cdr(assoc 40 ent)) thr))
       )
        (progn
          (setq nnt (subst (cons 40 nsz) (assoc 40 ent) ent))
          (entmod nnt)
        )
    )
     (setq ename (entnext (cdar ent)))
  )
)

> Where can I get a font or utility that can change regular text to
underlined
> text.  I have a great deal of text that needs to be underlined and
> reinputting text is not much of an option due to time.
> Thank you,

> Michael

> Michael Overman
> TDC - Group

1. Underline in multiline text

We recently purchased several new computers which run Windows 98. Our
old computers ran AutoCAD R14 with Windows 95, and we were able to
underline selected text within the "Multiline Text" box. I'm not sure
if the switch to Win 98 had anything to do with it, but now we can only
underline ALL of the text or NONE of the text. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

Shari Willadsen
St. Louis, MO, USA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Running multiple virtual servers

3. Q: AutoCAD underlined text to MicroStation

4. GetOpenFileName and CDERR_DIALOGFAILURE

5. Underlining part of a text node

6. Binary operations?

7. Underlining Text (ACLT98)

8. exim-queue-remover: easier way to remove mails from the exim queue

9. MTEXT Problem: All or none of text is underlined

10. BUG: Can't change text fonts in ACAD text window

11. Converting fonts Mechslide fonts -> Genius fonts

12. Font Merge Utility

13. Font Fonts Fonts