Anyone using R13, or R14 with Algor FEA software?

Anyone using R13, or R14 with Algor FEA software?

Post by Jon Juhli » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone got any personal experience importing R13 or R14  solid
models into Algor for meshing with Hexagen / Houdini? We currently use
R12 with Algor for 2d stuff and 3d beam models, but are considering
another package such as ProE/Mechanica. We have one seat of R13 but
would need to upgrade our Algor software to put it to use.

Any hands-on experience would be appreciated.

Please e-mail replies to:
Jon Juhlin

1. ANYone using algor FEA + SW

I have that package- the lowest price thing they make.  It has the capability of doing some simple analysis, but is by  no means all of Algor.
For single parts is works quite well.  Assemblies are another matter altogether.  Although the example they give of an assembly works, when I did my own assembly with more complex geometry it didn't mesh properly.
They just sent out an upgrade, it may fix some of the assembly problem.  Will load it up in a couple of weeks.

Elliot Burke

  ANYone have any comments on using algore FEA with SW as a front end they are offering a package which will mesh and analyze SW parts automatically. Any one tried it yet ?
   thanks
   elliott

2. C++ talking to RMI

3. Error Message 5719

4. Working Model FEA....Anyone using it?

5. New Paper on Business Object Architecture

6. FS: One Seat of ALGOR F.E.A.

7. Looking for info on writing testable oo code

8. FS: ALGOR FEA Mech+Therm CHEAP!!

9. ALGOR FEA Mech/Therm 60% OFF

10. FS: One Seat of ALGOR F.E.A.

11. FS: ALGOR FEA Mech+Therm CHEAP!!