Anyone having problems with Fire GL1 video card???

Anyone having problems with Fire GL1 video card???

Post by Jeff Wagne » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:20:08

 we recently built a dual 800 mhz machine with 512 meg of ram and a Diamond
Fire GL1 video card. I am using the most recent drivers and I am getting
squares that appear whenever i click on a face right where the cursor is.
That is the minor issue. The big issue is with parts like a donut or a
spring. Whenever I rotate them or zoom in and out my cursor will start
flashing on and off really really fast with an hour glass showing and I am
unable to do anything inside soldworks. Now the wierd part is all I gotta do
is move outside the active part window  and it immediatly turns to normal
again. I don;'t have to click out of the window or anything, just move the
mouse out of the active window and the flashing stops and everything works
again.
 Anyone else experience anything like this? Please help!!!

 Jeff Wagner

 dual 800mhz pentium 3s
 512 meg ram
 RAID hard drive setup
 Windows 2000
 Diamond Fire GL1 with most recent drivers.

Anyone having problems with Fire GL1 video card???

Post by kellnerp2.. » Fri, 22 Dec 2000 14:00:55

You might want to look at the matrix of tested video cards for SW.
Your card isn't on the list for Win2k. That doesn't necessarily mean it
will fail. But the list does show some drivers for the GL1 fail on NT.

Quote:>  we recently built a dual 800 mhz machine with 512 meg of ram and a
Diamond
> Fire GL1 video card. I am using the most recent drivers and I am
getting
> squares that appear whenever i click on a face right where the cursor
is.
> That is the minor issue. The big issue is with parts like a donut or a
> spring. Whenever I rotate them or zoom in and out my cursor will start
> flashing on and off really really fast with an hour glass showing and
I am
> unable to do anything inside soldworks. Now the wierd part is all I
gotta do
> is move outside the active part window  and it immediatly turns to
normal
> again. I don;'t have to click out of the window or anything, just move
the
> mouse out of the active window and the flashing stops and everything
works
> again.
>  Anyone else experience anything like this? Please help!!!

>  Jeff Wagner

>  dual 800mhz pentium 3s
>  512 meg ram
>  RAID hard drive setup
>  Windows 2000
>  Diamond Fire GL1 with most recent drivers.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Anyone having problems with Fire GL1 video card???

Post by Jerry Steige » Sat, 23 Dec 2000 05:46:11

You might try the default setting instead of the SolidWorks setting, as the
matrix says that is best in NT.  The latest driver may not be the best one
to use either.

Jerry Steiger

> You might want to look at the matrix of tested video cards for SW.
> Your card isn't on the list for Win2k. That doesn't necessarily mean it
> will fail. But the list does show some drivers for the GL1 fail on NT.

> >  we recently built a dual 800 mhz machine with 512 meg of ram and a
> Diamond
> > Fire GL1 video card. I am using the most recent drivers and I am
> getting
> > squares that appear whenever i click on a face right where the cursor
> is.
> > That is the minor issue. The big issue is with parts like a donut or a
> > spring. Whenever I rotate them or zoom in and out my cursor will start
> > flashing on and off really really fast with an hour glass showing and
> I am
> > unable to do anything inside soldworks. Now the wierd part is all I
> gotta do
> > is move outside the active part window  and it immediatly turns to
> normal
> > again. I don;'t have to click out of the window or anything, just move
> the
> > mouse out of the active window and the flashing stops and everything
> works
> > again.
> >  Anyone else experience anything like this? Please help!!!

> >  Jeff Wagner

> >  dual 800mhz pentium 3s
> >  512 meg ram
> >  RAID hard drive setup
> >  Windows 2000
> >  Diamond Fire GL1 with most recent drivers.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Anyone having problems with Fire GL1 video card???

Post by Rudy A. Vandenbel » Mon, 25 Dec 2000 05:33:38

Jeff:

Yup... identical problem....identical crazy stuff happening!

No response yet from DELL ( they send this as a replacement for an equally
bad and failing Oxygen board) or Solidworks or the Diamond fire people.

Oddly I have a GL2 on my new 1Ghz machine with no problems!

Rudy Vandenbelt

PS: Don't bother downloading the latest bios or drivers... they make zero
difference!

Quote:> we recently built a dual 800 mhz machine with 512 meg of ram and a Diamond
> Fire GL1 video card. I am using the most recent drivers and I am getting
> squares that appear whenever i click on a face right where the cursor is.
> That is the minor issue. The big issue is with parts like a donut or a
> spring. Whenever I rotate them or zoom in and out my cursor will start
> flashing on and off really really fast with an hour glass showing and I am
> unable to do anything inside soldworks. Now the wierd part is all I gotta
do
> is move outside the active part window  and it immediatly turns to normal
> again. I don;'t have to click out of the window or anything, just move the
> mouse out of the active window and the flashing stops and everything works
> again.
>  Anyone else experience anything like this? Please help!!!

>  Jeff Wagner

>  dual 800mhz pentium 3s
>  512 meg ram
>  RAID hard drive setup
>  Windows 2000
>  Diamond Fire GL1 with most recent drivers.

1. Anyone having problems with Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card?

I am having problems with my Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card running
Pro/E.  All of the Pro/E windows go black after I create a feature.  I
have to repaint the screen and/or "view; pan/zoom; reset" to get the
graphics window back to normal.

Here is the hardware that I am using:
NT 4.0 Workstation
PII 266
ASUS motherboard
PCI Fire GL 1000 Pro Graphics card
128 MB RAM

Is anyone else having these problems?  Does anyone have any ideas on
how to fix it?  It is almost like a color mapping problem on unix
boxes.  Does NT have the same type of color mapping problems as
X-Windows?

2. Form to HTML

3. Fire GL1 vs Oxygen GMX2000 video...

4. os2 and NT

5. Fire GL1 vs. Oxygen cards comparison

6. dos4gw - contact address for authors?

7. FA: Diamond Fire GL1 32Mb AGP Graphics Card

8. The Pres Speaks On Y2K Matters Right Now

9. Anyone having problems with HP's Visualize-FXE card and Pro/E?

10. Diamond Fire GL1 problem

11. FIRE GL1 Problems with Edrawings

12. Problems with Diamond Fire GL1 since SWX 99/355?

13. Fire Gl1 on Athlon and WIN2K