Anyone else having problems w/ hole wizard?

Anyone else having problems w/ hole wizard?

Post by Jim Peyto » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 05:05:56

So anyway, we attempted to set up our hole wizard with all our favorite ways
of creating holes (esp. for fasteners)

Some of these might include non-standard techniques, such as using nominal
inch sizes to counterbore for metric capscrews. We've spent more than one
session of defining c-bore and c-sink geometry, only to find that when using
hole wizard, the data either reverts to previous settings or picks settings
seemingly at random.

Anyone else having similar experiences? This has happened since we began
using the hole wizard (about 18months ago)

Also, we were told that the latest service pack would allow archiving the
hole wizard data (default.mdb) on a network drive. Our findings seem to
contradict that suggestion. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jim Peyton
Kinemetrix Industrial Design & Mfg.

Anyone else having problems w/ hole wizard?

Post by Ryan Hay- Solid Design Systems Inc » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 02:27:21

works fine here maybe a bad SP can you upgrade, also maybe check SW site for
problems corrected for SP's

--
Ryan Hay
Solid Design Systems Inc.

Quote:> So anyway, we attempted to set up our hole wizard with all our favorite
ways
> of creating holes (esp. for fasteners)

> Some of these might include non-standard techniques, such as using nominal
> inch sizes to counterbore for metric capscrews. We've spent more than one
> session of defining c-bore and c-sink geometry, only to find that when
using
> hole wizard, the data either reverts to previous settings or picks
settings
> seemingly at random.

> Anyone else having similar experiences? This has happened since we began
> using the hole wizard (about 18months ago)

> Also, we were told that the latest service pack would allow archiving the
> hole wizard data (default.mdb) on a network drive. Our findings seem to
> contradict that suggestion. Am I missing something?

> Thanks,
> Jim Peyton
> Kinemetrix Industrial Design & Mfg.

Anyone else having problems w/ hole wizard?

Post by bill alleman » Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:01:22

this function has been broken for years.  another fubar ole connection to a
microsoft application, i suppose.

bill

Quote:> So anyway, we attempted to set up our hole wizard with all our favorite
ways
> of creating holes (esp. for fasteners)

> Some of these might include non-standard techniques, such as using nominal
> inch sizes to counterbore for metric capscrews. We've spent more than one
> session of defining c-bore and c-sink geometry, only to find that when
using
> hole wizard, the data either reverts to previous settings or picks
settings
> seemingly at random.

> Anyone else having similar experiences? This has happened since we began
> using the hole wizard (about 18months ago)

> Also, we were told that the latest service pack would allow archiving the
> hole wizard data (default.mdb) on a network drive. Our findings seem to
> contradict that suggestion. Am I missing something?

> Thanks,
> Jim Peyton
> Kinemetrix Industrial Design & Mfg.

1. Anyone else have this Hole Wizard Error?

I have tested this on two machines here on SP 9 and it errors out on
both.

The problem is as follows:

I tried to use hole wizard to insert a hole 1/4-28 thru tapped hole in
a part.

I put in .250 diam. 45 deg. chamfers on the top and bottom edges of
the hole and then decided to remove them and wanted to set them back
to 0.00 DIA and 0 degrees

I can't even change the values.  Even if I change hole sizes it still
says .250 diam. 45 degrees. Even if it's a one inch hole.  It says I
must have a value between x and y...  (x and y being some numbers that
aren't pertinant to the error happening.)

Post a response to let me know if you have this problem too.

Thanks for your time.

--Matt

2. WTB: Older Systems

3. Cbore in tapped hole wizard hole

4. North West based Web Designer with NetStation experience required

5. Tapped holes from Holes Wizard in Design Table?

6. VS.NET 2003 and VSS

7. Hole Wizard: Tapped Hole: Near Side Countersink Dia value

8. SVR4 for a Delta 3300?

9. Circular pattern of "hole wizard" holes fails

10. Adding holes to hole wizard

11. Slow Edit of Hole Wizard Holes ?

12. Hole Wizard (3/8-16 Tapped Holes)

13. When Hole Wizard Holes Go Bad