V5 Custom Pallettes

Post by Darren Par » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I have created custom palletes on a V5 DOS version and would like to
know:
1. How do I copy these to another stand alone computer?
2. Can these be used on our CLIX version 5.
Thanx......

Darren

"What was your's is mine. Your land,
your people, and now your life."
Lim Dul, the Necromancer

Flavor text from the magic card, Touch Of Death

V5 Custom Pallettes

Post by Jim Weisgr » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>I have created custom palletes on a V5 DOS version and would like to
>know:
>1. How do I copy these to another stand alone computer?
>2. Can these be used on our CLIX version 5.
>Thanx......

>Darren

>"What was your's is mine. Your land,
>your people, and now your life."
>Lim Dul, the Necromancer

>Flavor text from the magic card, Touch Of Death

Your custom palettes are stored in
<MicroStation_Base_Dir>\wsui\<interface_name>\mstn.mxx

For example, my interface name is "jim", and under DOS, I have a custom user
interface in

c:\ustation\wsui\jim\mstn.m01 and ...\mstn.m02

The reason I have .m01 and .m02 files is that I made some changes, saved them,
then made some more changes, and saved those. Each time you save you get a new
mstn.mxx file.

Under Clix, my custom interface is stored in

/usr/ip32/mstation/wsui/jim/mstn.m01 and .../mstn.m02

The files are binary format. I have taken such files and copied them from DOS to
NT and to Clix, in the given directories, then told MicroStation to use these
directories. The only thing that didn't work for me was modified dialog boxes.
They were a mess. Custom palettes and menus did work.

Under NT, the files are in

c:\win32app\ustation\wsui\jim\mstn.m01 and ...\mstn.m02

------------------------------
Jim Weisgram
Oregon Dept. of Transportation
(503)986-3211

1. Can't save Custom Pallettes

I have a user that has created custom palletts in the past, is now
trying to add more to it and it wont let her save. Could this be a
corrupt *.m01 file and if so is there a way to fix it? Her *.m01 file
is around 200k now. Is there a size limit? Does anyone have any ideas?

 Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. enum expression is IF statement

3. transfer custom tool pallettes

4. OWA Personal Folders Viewing, Please Clear up some confusion.

5. ASHLAR VELLUM COBALT V6.2,ARGON V5.2, NEON V5.2, XENON V5.2, new !

6. Wrong error message

7. Microstation V5.5 and VB V5.0

8. runas

9. Datacad V5 to Ustatation V5 NT - deleting duplicate elements

10. Catia from v5 r4 till v5 r9 (Best Offer!)

11. Adding a custom icon to a custom Toolbar Button.

12. SYMBOL PALLETTE FOR 2000i

13. Full Color Pallette