DrawingBoard III

Post by Crai » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I know this isn't totally an AutoCad question, but I figured there are many
other people out there that have gone through what I'm going throught right
now...

I'm running AutoCad r13c4a in Win95 with a Calcomp DrawingBoard III
digitizer.  I have set up the Tablet Control Panel for one button to be a
double click, another a right click, etc.  However, these settings
sometimes do not work for a couple of hours, then all of a sudden they work
- without making any changes whatsoever.  The Tablet Control Panel doesn't
even always remember that I have a cursor, not a pen.  I have already
downloaded the most recent drivers.

Also, in AutoCad, I cannot get the tablet menus to work.  In CONFIG, I set
the digitizer to Wintab 4.2.  Then I did a TABLET - CFG to specify the four
menu areas and the drawing area.  The drawing area works fine, but the menu
areas do not.

I've tried looking for answers to these questions in the manuals and at the
Calcomp web site, but their tech support is seriously lacking on these
subjects.

If anybody has some inside info to these questions, or can direct me to
where I can find answers, I'd appreciate it.

Craig

DrawingBoard III

Post by Matt Hortm » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm running AutoCad r13c4a in Win95 with a Calcomp DrawingBoard III
>digitizer.  I have set up the Tablet Control Panel for one button to be a
>double click, another a right click, etc.  However, these settings
>sometimes do not work for a couple of hours, then all of a sudden they work
>- without making any changes whatsoever.  The Tablet Control Panel doesn't
>even always remember that I have a cursor, not a pen.  I have already
>downloaded the most recent drivers.

>Also, in AutoCad, I cannot get the tablet menus to work.  In CONFIG, I set
>the digitizer to Wintab 4.2.  Then I did a TABLET - CFG to specify the four
>menu areas and the drawing area.  The drawing area works fine, but the menu
>areas do not.

>If anybody has some inside info to these questions, or can direct me to
>where I can find answers, I'd appreciate it.

I don't really have any answers for you but I'm running AutoCAD r13c4a
with NT 4.0 and a DrawingBoard III and I don't seem to have any of the
problems you're having.

I also have the buttons set up like you do and I'm using the menus on
the tablet.  I did, however, have a problem one time where I had to go
through the tablet cfg twice.  The first time I had to go through and
set up no menus and just define the drawing area.  Then I had to go
through it again and define everything.  For some reason, it wouldn't
let me define the menu areas the first time.  It ignored the puck.

Although I don't have any solutions for you, I'd be happy to help you
work through this however I can (trying your mnu files, etc).

I can say that I don't keep the tablet control panel running.  I have
it in my startup but I close it as soon as the system is finished
booting.  The tablet retains the configuration for the buttons though.

Let's see, what else.  I, too, an using Wintab 4.2 as the digitizer
choice.  Ah, I do have the preferences set to Digitizer/Mouse.  I
can't really think of anything else to look at.

let me know if I can do anything else for ya,

-Matt