STB video cards

Post by Cameron S. Ogilvi » Thu, 12 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone heard of, or had any problems using Autocad 14 with STB video
boards?

Does this include the new agp boards too?

STB video cards

Post by Jim Bradsh » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:48:56 -0500, "Cameron S. Ogilvie"

>Has anyone heard of, or had any problems using Autocad 14 with STB video
>boards?

>Does this include the new agp boards too?

I had the missing line problem with my Gateway P233 running a STB
graphics card (AGP). I spent months trying to get an answer from
Autodesk and STD.

 Eventually Autodesk issued a notice in their news letter which
acknowledged the problem and suggested the only cure was to run the
card at 800 x 600 resolution. I did try this for a while but on a 21
inch monitor it looked ridiculous and caused additional problems with
flashing colours every time I flipped screen to other applications.

I tried lots of different drivers from STB & Gateway. None made any
difference. Eventually I got fed up and purchased a new Matrox
Millenuim card which has worked faultlessly for the past couple of
months. There is no noticeable difference in speed between the STB &
the Millenium.

Hope this is of some help.

Jim

STB video cards

Post by Kenneth Anderso » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

If it was the STB card using the permedia 2 chipset from 3d labs, the
glyder MAX 2.
I believe that that problem was fixed by 3d-labs. several months ago!  Try
thier new driver.
www.3dlabs.com

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:48:56 -0500, "Cameron S. Ogilvie"

>Has anyone heard of, or had any problems using Autocad 14 with STB video
>boards?

>Does this include the new agp boards too?

I had the missing line problem with my Gateway P233 running a STB
graphics card (AGP). I spent months trying to get an answer from
Autodesk and STD.

 Eventually Autodesk issued a notice in their news letter which
acknowledged the problem and suggested the only cure was to run the
card at 800 x 600 resolution. I did try this for a while but on a 21
inch monitor it looked ridiculous and caused additional problems with
flashing colours every time I flipped screen to other applications.

I tried lots of different drivers from STB & Gateway. None made any
difference. Eventually I got fed up and purchased a new Matrox
Millenuim card which has worked faultlessly for the past couple of
months. There is no noticeable difference in speed between the STB &
the Millenium.

Hope this is of some help.

Jim

1. STB Video Card

Running Acad R12 Windows on Gateway G6-200 , Win 95 with STB Virge (TM)
/VX 4MB 3D Video Card, and having problem with intersecting lines on right
angles appearing to overlap. Vivitron 700 display is set at 256 color at
640 x 480.  Same drawing does not reflect this problem when viewed on
P5-133 with older STB 2MB card.  Has anyone else experienced the problem
and is there a cure short of swapping out the video card? Thanks for any

2. Is there an Amiga Quick Time viewer?

3. STB video card problems?

4. 24 Bombs !?! on my STe

5. FS: Video 7 SPEA 1280 CAD Video card (SVGA)

6. FS: Sparc 5 model 70 S5TXN-70-32-P45 $950.00

7. "Trails" with new system/STB Velocity Card

8. Problems with Dell computers with STB graphics cards

9. Video cards again (TNT cards)

10. Video Cards? What is the best video card or cards to use with Solidworks?

11. Video Card Recommendation