Hidden Line Removal and object intersections?

Post by Mark Kadel » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

> When I do hidden line removal on a model lines are not generated where
> objects intersect e.g. a column going through a floor. Is there some way to
> configure ustn so that these lines, which create important visual clues,
> are created during hidden line removal?

You may File> Export> Visible Edges (with Calculate Intersections on)
into
an external file or into current design file (the dialog offers
additional
options). Hit the Preview button to view/verify on screen. I am not
really
aware of Calculate Intersections option for Render> Hidden Line.

Hope it helps, Mark

DigiGraph Technical Graphics Inc.

Post by Greg Elisar » Fri, 23 May 1997 04:00:00

When I do hidden line removal on a model lines are not generated where
objects intersect e.g. a column going through a floor. Is there some way to
configure ustn so that these lines, which create important visual clues,
are created during hidden line removal?

Hidden Line Removal and object intersections?

Post by Leonid Korelste » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

Greg,

There is old bug in precise "export visible edges" (i.e. hidden lines)
in MicroStation when work with intersected object. It does produce all
necessary lines, but sometimes makes some visible lines invisible and
vise versa. "Fast" method works correctly.

Leonid Korelstein,
Moscow, Russia