Release 19.0

Post by Mark Howansk » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
When is PTC planning to distribute it?

Release 19.0

Post by Larry Bronis » Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
> When is PTC planning to distribute it?

According to gossip on the Silicon Investor Web site, 19.0 is due in
December.

http://www3.techstocks.com/~wsapi/investor/s-7329/reply-406

It had better be good - people paying maintenace fees expect something.

They sure need a new GUI.

Release 19.0

Post by Raul Sanche » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I bet this has something to do with NT 5.0. geared for mid '98.

>> Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
>> When is PTC planning to distribute it?

>I heard from our local PTC-Office, that Rev19 is delayed due to changes
>in the policy. The dropped the new user-interface ( announced now for
>rev20 ) and focused on quality and stability.
>So, maybe rev19 will be more robust than rev18 is.

>Hannes

Release 19.0

Post by Stuart Karlsruhe » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I bet this has something to do with NT 5.0. geared for mid '98.

> >> Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
> >> When is PTC planning to distribute it?

> >I heard from our local PTC-Office, that Rev19 is delayed due to changes
> >in the policy. The dropped the new user-interface ( announced now for
> >rev20 ) and focused on quality and stability.
> >So, maybe rev19 will be more robust than rev18 is.

> >Hannes

Just attended our corporate Pro-User meeting with PTC's John Wylie in
attendence. Rel. 19.0 is merely a point release (18.2 - since there has
been one already I think) of ProE Release 18 that fixes (I hope) a lot
of current problems with 18.0. Rel. 19.0 should be out in December with
Beta-Production of 20 in February and Production 20 mid '98.

PTC says that they are listening to users concerns with the quality, or
lack thereof, of there usual "first customer ships" at 6 month
intervals. The new term "Beta-Production" refers to the six month
release with "Production" coming sometime in the following 3 months. The
Beta is a fully functional release so that users can take advantage of
these features but may have some bugs and stability problems to clean
up.

Release 19.0

Post by Al Marsha » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> > Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
> > When is PTC planning to distribute it?

> I heard from our local PTC-Office, that Rev19 is delayed due to changes
> in the policy.

I heard from one of the local AEs that PTC wanted to get the revisions
of Pro/E and Mechanica in sync.

Al

Release 19.0

Post by Mark Howansk » Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> > Is anyone using Release 19.0 yet?
> > When is PTC planning to distribute it?

> I heard from our local PTC-Office, that Rev19 is delayed due to changes
> in the policy. The dropped the new user-interface ( announced now for
> rev20 ) and focused on quality and stability.
> So, maybe rev19 will be more robust than rev18 is.

> Hannes

That sucks.
I thought that the biggest improvement in Rel 19.0 WAS the new user
interface.  Quality and stability doesn't seem like much of an
improvement!
mark

1. When Will Release 19.0 become available?

Does anybody know when release 19.0 will become available?

Is there a timeline anywhere for the various releases of PTC's software?

thanks,

Scott

--

ShopChicago
http://www.ShopChicago.com

312-397-1500

2. FS: LOADED //GS & SOFTWARE

3. time to switch from release 18 to release 19??

4. PostBack from a User Control

5. new tilemaker release (build 19)

6. iPAQ h1910 and Pocket Moeny

7. Can't "kill -9" process?

8. Need help on Pro/E 19.0

9. Version 19.0 Menu colors

10. Are Autocad release 10 c2 and Autocad 386 release 10 the same?

11. Release 10 to Release 13C4 Dimensions