Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Thomas Vogher » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

TIA
Thomas V
Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08  SP=C5NGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Rob Brow » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Thomas,
I think you can do that with screencapt, as long as you have the tool
settings dialog box over a view window so you can draw the rectangle.

However, I never use the screencapt mdl program.  Assuming you're on some
version of windows (your message header says NT), you can just use
Alt-printscreen to capture the whole microstation window to the clipboard.
Paste it into paintbrush (or any paint program), then crop it down with a
rectangle in the paint program.  Very quick, and you can also capture open
menus, dynamics, etc.

The only thing it doesn't capture is the mouse pointer, but if you need that
you can paste my little arrow image (attached) onto it.  Its a transparent
background gif, so you'd need a different paint program than paintbrush.

-rob

Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

TIA
Thomas V
Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08  SP?NGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Thomas Vogher » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Rob

Thanks a lot.
Yes I'm on NTv4sp3 swedish.
Alt-prntscreen, how did you found that out? But never mind. I'll try.

No, I can't do it in ustn. I can CAPTURE RECTANGLE everything except the
toolsettingswindow I WANT, because it changes to "capture rectangle".
:--(
Accidently, however, I found that CAPTURE SCREEN don't change the
toolsettingswindow!? Gives the same result as your solution. Very big
files but job done. Thanks

Thomas V

> =
> Thomas,
> I think you can do that with screencapt, as long as you have the tool
> settings dialog box over a view window so you can draw the rectangle.
> =
> However, I never use the screencapt mdl program.  Assuming you're on so=
me
> version of windows (your message header says NT), you can just use
> Alt-printscreen to capture the whole microstation window to the clipboa=
rd.
> Paste it into paintbrush (or any paint program), then crop it down with=
> rectangle in the paint program.  Very quick, and you can also capture o=
pen
> menus, dynamics, etc.
> =
> The only thing it doesn't capture is the mouse pointer, but if you need=
 that
> you can paste my little arrow image (attached) onto it.  Its a transpar=
ent
> background gif, so you'd need a different paint program than paintbrush=
=2E
> =
> -rob
> =

> Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
> settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
> LINEAR FORM in Triforma.
> =
> TIA
> Thomas V
> Thomas Voghera, TVAK
> Box 8215, 163 08  SP=C5NGA, SWEDEN
> Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

-- =

Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08  SP=C5NGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Rob Brow » Thu, 04 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Thanks a lot.
>Yes I'm on NTv4sp3 swedish.
>Alt-prntscreen, how did you found that out? But never mind. I'll try.

Its just a windows thing.  Printscreen by itself gets the whole screen (not
just the application window)

Quote:>No, I can't do it in ustn. I can CAPTURE RECTANGLE everything except the
>toolsettingswindow I WANT, because it changes to "capture rectangle".

Oh ok.  Yeah that sucks.

Quote:>Accidently, however, I found that CAPTURE SCREEN don't change the
>toolsettingswindow!? Gives the same result as your solution. Very big
>files but job done. Thanks

You'll like the printscreen thing a lot more.  Its pretty much instant and
you never save it as a file till its small.

BTW, I don't know why the little file I tried to attach didn't come through.
Nor do I know why I had to manually put all the ">"s into this message.
Arrrgh.

-rob

Post by Dave G Nels » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
>settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
>LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

Assign a function key, such as F2, to the key-in CAPTURE FOCUS, then
hit F2 whenever you want to capture the current dialog box.

dave

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Karl » Fri, 05 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Thomas,

Instead of using the SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE command, try the CAPTURE
FOCUS command attached to a function key.  This will capture an image of
whatever dialog box contains key-in focus.  With the Tool Settings box
containing this focus (the top section is hilited) you capture an image
of only the this dialog box.  If you need to display items from the
screen besides the tool settings box, you have two options.  One is to
use the CAPTURE SCREEN command, preferably attached to a function key.
The othe is to capture the focus, and CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the two
images you need, and paste them together using something like Photoshop.

Karl Sumwalt

> Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
> settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
> LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

> TIA
> Thomas V
> Thomas Voghera, TVAK
> Box 8215, 163 08  SP?NGA, SWEDEN
> Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Thomas Vogher » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Karl

Thanks!
Very easy when you know it. Obviously someone has thought twice once.
And the information is there if you press HELP and then another click.

Thomas V

> =
> Thomas,
> =
> Instead of using the SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE command, try the CAPTURE
> FOCUS command attached to a function key.  This will capture an image o=
> whatever dialog box contains key-in focus.  With the Tool Settings box
> containing this focus (the top section is hilited) you capture an image=
> of only the this dialog box.  If you need to display items from the
> screen besides the tool settings box, you have two options.  One is to
> use the CAPTURE SCREEN command, preferably attached to a function key.
> The othe is to capture the focus, and CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the two
> images you need, and paste them together using something like Photoshop=
=2E
> =
> Karl Sumwalt
> =

> > Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool=
> > settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE=
> > LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

> > TIA
> > Thomas V
> > ******************************************************************
> > Thomas Voghera, TVAK
> > Box 8215, 163 08  SP=C5NGA, SWEDEN
> > Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

> > ******************************************************************

-- =

Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08  SP=C5NGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

Q: Screen capture of Tool Settings?

Post by Henrik C. Malmber » Sat, 06 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi Thomas,

You could check out a screen-cap software called Snag-it
available at www.download.com or was it www.shareware.com
It can capture anything, anyway, with/without mouse, even record
.avi files of screen activities. Ive been using it quite a bit and it works
great. Capture screen, windows, rectangles and much more.

Cheers,
Henrik C. Malmberg
Kampsax AB, Geoplan
SWEDEN

Can anyone tell me how to make a SCREEN CAPTURE RECTANGLE of the tool
settings box when it displays settings for another tool, namely PLACE
LINEAR FORM in Triforma.

TIA
Thomas V
Thomas Voghera, TVAK
Box 8215, 163 08  SP?NGA, SWEDEN
Tel +46 8 795 7630  Fax +46 8 795 7650   Mob +46 70 695 7630

1. Screen Capture Default Settings

Is there a config variable or setting to set the deafault file type for
screen captures?

I use MS_IMAGEOUT to set the location, which is nice, but I also want it to
always default to .PNG image files if this is possible. I haven't had any
luck searching the help docs or the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Drake Danley
Ellers Engineering

2. QNX 4.22 and Ontrack disk manager

3. ACAD DOS R12 Screen Capture s/w needed

4. RHIDE hangs on startup

5. Screen Capture program for AutoCAD

6. Need help with LM628/629 motion controllers

7. Capture Screen Example

8. Variable scope

9. 2D DGN Screen Capture

10. Is there a command line Screen Capture routine out there?

11. Capturing Screen hours for MDL routines !

12. Screen Capture AVI

13. Screen Capture for DOS