waveform window questions...

Post by R. Wilco » Sun, 03 Nov 2002 21:20:47

Just a couple of questions about traces in the waveform window:

1) how can i plot an AC magnitude against normalised frequency. I
normally go to directplot->db20 but apart from really bodging it i
cant find an easy way of plotting against freq/cuttoff for example.

2) if I have a trace in the waveform window, whats the best way of
simply saving that trace somewhere so that at a later date I can
always bring up the trace again if i want. I only want to save that
trace, not the entire simulation data.

Many thanks

Reuben

waveform window questions...

Post by Andrew Becket » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 07:33:42

Hi Reuben,

Quote:>Just a couple of questions about traces in the waveform window:

>1) how can i plot an AC magnitude against normalised frequency. I
>normally go to directplot->db20 but apart from really bodging it i
>cant find an easy way of plotting against freq/cuttoff for example.

How about using the xval function in the calculator on the AC magnitude,
and then dividing this by the results of the bandwidth function on the AC
magnitude. Plot this as well as the AC magnitude, and then change the
X axis (double click on the X axis) from the independent var to the
scaled xval waveform. I think that should be it?

Quote:>2) if I have a trace in the waveform window, whats the best way of
>simply saving that trace somewhere so that at a later date I can
>always bring up the trace again if i want. I only want to save that
>trace, not the entire simulation data.

I typically do this by using printvs in the calculator and printing to a file.
Then use the table function in the calculator to read it back.

Alternatively, you may find some of the attached SKILL code useful!

Regards,

Andrew.

Quote:>Many thanks

--
Andrew Beckett
Senior Technical Leader

1. Edge2.1: How to convert voltage waveforms to logic waveforms?

I have an 8-by-10 digital multiplier which I'm simulating using Hspice.
(!).  The problem is that I cannot look at the "logical" bus outputs,
because they are of type VOLTS, and Edge's waveform display won't let
me group them as a bus.  Is there any way I can somehow specify ranges
for Voh and Vol and convert Hspice's voltage output to a LOGIC type?

--
David F. SKoll

2. NYC, Year 2000 Project Mgr >> Join our Y2K Mail Lists

3. Waveform Window

4. Sun Mail and Eudora

5. Getting rid of cursors A and B in waveform window + others....

6. need to export running programs via xwindows

7. Adding menus to Artist, waveform and Viruoso window with skill

8. MSL C++ Tip #5

9. Problems selecting curves in Waveform Window

10. eye plotting analog artist waveform window

11. Help Cadence 4.4 Analog Artist Waveform Window Expressions

12. User customization of Waveform Window

13. h: waveform window remove crosshair marker A & B