3d mesh-autocad 14

Post by Mike » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am having trouble trying to figure out how to apply a 3d mesh or face. I
have a 152' x 36' courtyard that i need to apply a mesh so I can show the
contour in 3d.  I have the contour lines already drawn as ploylines and I
have located them at the right elevation. What should I do and how do I do
it?

Thanks,

Mike

3d mesh-autocad 14

Post by Bill Gillis » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Mike -

A couple of possibilities:

1)  Create a flat 3dmesh with Draw>Surfaces>3dSurfaces>Mesh with its
corners at the corners of the courtyard. In plan view, stretch each
vertex using the .z filter to set the z-coordinate of the vertex to the
elevation of the nearest contour line.

2)  Since (1) is a pain, try LV.LSP, which I have just re-posted to the
autodesk.autocad.customer-files newsgroup. To use it, you will have to
explode your contour lines into line segments, so make copies first. It
creates a mesh more or less "draped" over your contour lines. Some guys
in the Philippines wrote it. Read the notes at the top of the file.

-Bill Gilliss

> I am having trouble trying to figure out how to apply a 3d mesh or face. I
> have a 152' x 36' courtyard that i need to apply a mesh so I can show the
> contour in 3d.  I have the contour lines already drawn as ploylines and I
> have located them at the right elevation. What should I do and how do I do
> it?

> Thanks,

> Mike

3d mesh-autocad 14

Post by ALan » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi Bill,

autodesk.autocad.customer-files newsgroup isn't available on my news
server. Is it possible for this file be posted here or to me privately.

Thanks,

Ashley Lane