File saving problem

Post by Gordon Bu » Tue, 10 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am running Autocadr13C4 under Windows95 on a Novell 4.1 network.
Recently  I
installed new Novell client32 drivers on my Windows 95. Since this I
have had problems
saving drawing in Autocad.

After working on a drawing for several minutes, if I try to save the
drawing I get an error
saying "The drawing is write protected." To get around the I have to
save the drawing
under another name, then save-as again using the original file name.

I have reinstalled Autocad but still the problem remains. I have not
had the same problem
with any other applications so I am looking at Autocad as the problem
application, an not
the Novell Client32 drivers.

File saving problem

Post by chris2 » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

->I am running Autocadr13C4 under Windows95 on a Novell 4.1 network.
->Recently  I
->installed new Novell client32 drivers on my Windows 95. Since this I
->have had problems
->saving drawing in Autocad.

->After working on a drawing for several minutes, if I try to save the
->drawing I get an error
->saying "The drawing is write protected." To get around the I have to
->save the drawing
->under another name, then save-as again using the original file name.

->I have reinstalled Autocad but still the problem remains. I have not
->had the same problem
->with any other applications so I am looking at Autocad as the
problem
->application, an not
->the Novell Client32 drivers.

We have had/are having the same problem. The following was posted
earlier:

This is a known problem and use the DWGWRITE system variable inside
AutoCAD and set it to 1.
You can also add this setting in the Acad.lsp file as a startup.

G.Rajesh
//Autodesk Product Support on the Internet//

I am not exactly sure how to set this up in the acad.lsp file, does
anyone else?

File saving problem

Post by Jim Fitzgera » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>We have had/are having the same problem. The following was posted
>earlier:
>This is a known problem and use the DWGWRITE system variable inside
>AutoCAD and set it to 1.
>You can also add this setting in the Acad.lsp file as a startup.

>G.Rajesh
>//Autodesk Product Support on the Internet//
>I am not exactly sure how to set this up in the acad.lsp file, does
>anyone else?

I think you can just add the following statement to your acad.lsp

(setvar "DWGWRITE" 1)

That should do it.

-Jim Fitzgerald

1. Help - File Save Problem - URGENT PLEASE

AutoCAD14.01/Windows NT4.0

For some reason since yesterday, AutoCAD won't let me save any drawing file
that has been loaded using the 'OPEN' command.

As a workaround, I find and open drawing files using the 'OPEN' dialogue
box.  I then have to go to Drawing History under the File pull-down menu and
select the same filename again.  The 'Save Changes Yes/No/Cancel' dialogue
box then comes up.  If I select 'Yes', I get an alert box that says 'Drawing
file is write protected' (although it's not), so I have to answer 'No'.

The drawing file is then reloaded via the Drawing History function and then
I can work on and save the drawing file as normal.

The only attribute set on any of my drawing files is 'A' (Archive) and non
of the drawing files is simultaneously open in another application.

The fact that I can't save the file when it has been loaded by the 'OPEN'
command, but I can save it when it has been loaded via Drawing History
suggests it's an AutoCAD problem, and it's a very annoying problem too.

Anyone?
--
Mike
Please remove 'SAFETYCATCH' from E-mail address before firing off your reply

2. Driver for Diamond Stealth 32 PCI?

3. Making "Save As R12" default file save format

4. C++ Exceptions causing hangs

5. Ref files: "Save full path" VS "Save partial path"

6. OT: Recommend DNS (relay) server software?

7. Using the API to save files with "Save eDrawing data" enabled?

8. C= 1960 Monitor parts.

9. Problem saving AUTOCAD files on CD

10. Problems with file saved date/time information

11. Problem with saving files after render

12. Problem in saving files after Render

13. Problem with opening file to save...?