Managing custom linestyles

Post by sel.. » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

If I remember right, there used to be a tool called DMPLINE or some
thing like that to be able to plot or document a custom linestyle
resource file.  Does anyone have it?  I remember I could never get it
to work so I would appreciate any help.

Lionel Robles

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by GHouc » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> If I remember right, there used to be a tool called DMPLINE or some
> thing like that to be able to plot or document a custom linestyle
> resource file.  Does anyone have it?  I remember I could never get it
> to work so I would appreciate any help.

> Lionel Robles

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

The following (DMPLINES.MC) might be what you saw.  The entire
thing is below, and was thrown together for a one-off, quick
and dirty dump of Custom Line Styles.  Customize away!  If you
had no luck with it, you may notice that it is hard-coded to
dump the lines starting at XY=10000000,10000000 (UORs), and
increments the X and Y by 100,000 and -25,000 (UORs),
respectively.

/*
DMPLINES.MC -- dumps the attached Custom Line Styles along
               with their names
*/
#include <mselems.h>
#include <mslstyle.h>
#include <mselemen.fdf>
#include <mdl.h>
#include <mslstyle.fdf>
#include <tcb.h>
#include <mdlerrs.h>
#include <dlogitem.h>
#include <msstrngl.fdf>

Private int     main ( void )
{
  char          *sP;
  int           idx;
  Dpoint3d      txy, lxy[2];
  StringList    *listP;
  MSElement     lineE;
  MSElement     textE;

  listP = mdlLineStyle_nameGetStringList( NULL,NULL );

  idx = 0;
  lxy[0].x = lxy[0].y = 10000000.0;
  while( mdlStringList_getMember(&sP,NULL,listP,idx) == SUCCESS ) {
    lxy[1].x = lxy[0].x + 100000.0;
    lxy[1].y = lxy[0].y;
    txy.x = lxy[1].x + 20000.0;
    txy.y = lxy[0].y;
    mdlLine_create( &lineE,NULL,lxy );
    mdlElement_setLineStyle( &lineE,0,NULL,sP,NULL );
    mdlElement_add( &lineE );
    mdlText_create( &textE,NULL,sP,&txy,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL );
    mdlElement_add( &textE );
    lxy[0].y -= 25000.0;
    ++idx;
  }

  mdlStringList_destroy( listP );

  return( 0 );

Quote:}

Yours,

Geoff Houck
systems hk

http://www.teleport.com/~hksys

Post by Chuck Rheaul » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> If I remember right, there used to be a tool called DMPLINE or some
> thing like that to be able to plot or document a custom linestyle
> resource file.  Does anyone have it?  I remember I could never get it
> to work so I would appreciate any help.

> Lionel Robles

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Check the code archives of MicroStation Manager Magazine. Ranjit Sahai
wrote an article with an MDL for this, including a discussion about the
code.
--
Chuck Rheault
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Replacing Custom Linestyles with Standard Linestyles

I'm looking for a way to convert custom linestyles back to ustn
standard linestyles. I'm using ustn J 7.xxx. The catch is that these
lines styles are sometimes (not always) within cells and I can't drop
the cells. Also the cells will often have 2 or more custom linestyles
within them. Each of the custom linestyles will have to be mapped
individually to a standard linestyle and given a weight. Sort of like
the below table.

Custom   Standard
L7A0     Style 0 Weight 7
L3A0     Style 0 Weight 3
LCB0     Style 4 weight 7

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Greg Carlill

2. chip controlling memory problem?

3. problem dropping custom linestyle (drop linestyle)

4. IDE Design Mode Data List Occupies Too Much Space

5. Linestyle Managing

6. Trouble with Stealth64 HELP!

7. tool to manage custom line styles files

8. Directions Please

9. Managing Custom Properties in Existing SolidWorks Files

10. Managing SW Custom File Properties

11. Exporting to AC from MS (mapping custom linestyles)

12. Creating Custom Linestyles.

13. replace linestyles with custom