I can't set 'Default display mode for new drawing views'

I can't set 'Default display mode for new drawing views'

Post by Michael Witti » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:49:39

Hi guys,

OK when I open up Tools/Options/Drawings/Default Display Type in a part
file, it lets me turn on 'Hidden in gray'

When I open up the same while in a drawing file, all the options are
greyed out (but still shows what I want- 'Hidden in gray')   When I
actually insert a view, however, the 'Hidden lines removed' button on
the toolbar is depressed and I have to go and manually push 'Hidden in
gray' for each view.

Any ideas why I cannot 1) change the default setting while in a drawing
2) get the default to actually apply  ?

Thanks,
Michael

I can't set 'Default display mode for new drawing views'

Post by Devon T. Sowel » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:34:37

Hello Michael-
I believe you'll find the drawings view settings are based upon the template
that is being used. Edit your drawing template to change these settings.
Best Regards,
Devon T. Sowell
www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

Quote:> Hi guys,

> OK when I open up Tools/Options/Drawings/Default Display Type in a part
> file, it lets me turn on 'Hidden in gray'

> When I open up the same while in a drawing file, all the options are
> greyed out (but still shows what I want- 'Hidden in gray')   When I
> actually insert a view, however, the 'Hidden lines removed' button on
> the toolbar is depressed and I have to go and manually push 'Hidden in
> gray' for each view.

> Any ideas why I cannot 1) change the default setting while in a drawing
> 2) get the default to actually apply  ?

> Thanks,
> Michael

I can't set 'Default display mode for new drawing views'

Post by Michael Witti » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:55:37

I tried editing the template but when I go into  Tools/Options/Drawings/Default
Display Type it is still grayed out.

I also tried inserting a view, changing its view setting, deleting it, and using
the template, but it didn't help.

I'm using 2001+ btw...

Michael

> Hello Michael-
> I believe you'll find the drawings view settings are based upon the template
> that is being used. Edit your drawing template to change these settings.
> Best Regards,
> Devon T. Sowell
> www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

> > Hi guys,

> > OK when I open up Tools/Options/Drawings/Default Display Type in a part
> > file, it lets me turn on 'Hidden in gray'

> > When I open up the same while in a drawing file, all the options are
> > greyed out (but still shows what I want- 'Hidden in gray')   When I
> > actually insert a view, however, the 'Hidden lines removed' button on
> > the toolbar is depressed and I have to go and manually push 'Hidden in
> > gray' for each view.

> > Any ideas why I cannot 1) change the default setting while in a drawing
> > 2) get the default to actually apply  ?

> > Thanks,
> > Michael

1. wise to share'plot styles' 'drv' and 'support' folders

I'm a cad manager.  To make things more uniform in the office I have placed
the plotstyles, fonts, plotters, drv and even support folders on our main
server. All the users stations are then configured to use these files. I
know this is a terrible hack but it seems to work. in making all the plot
characteristics of all the stations uniform an it also allows centralized
customization.  Thus far I have had a few quirks, periodically plotter
doesn't layout the job correctly. but thus far the benefits far outweigh the
negative. Is there an easier way to accomplish this ?

2. could those of you who have students check this out for

3. How to get the dwg list to default to 'list' view?

4. xsl:call-template

5. 'Warning' message in Drawing mode

6. Dial Up Internet

7. New Epson 'Colour Stylus' Printer/Plotter Config's

8. changing the name of the 'new' part/assembly/drawing tab

9. '' EXTRA - CAD/CAM/CAE PROGRAMS ''

10. Using 'Case' as opposed to 'If-Then'

11. Conversion of '.GCD' files to '.DWG' ones